Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcomac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
so i just recieved my itouch 5g and there is no charging thing like they have with the ipad.. i dont understand htf im suppose to charge it. im giving it as a gift to my brother and he doesnt own any apple stuff.... great logic apple

FrancoisC

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2009
Montreal, Qc
It come with the usb cable, use it to charge your device.

Pretty much everything has an USB connector nowadays anyway, it does not need to be a computer for it to charge your ipod.

Last edited:

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
The USB cable is included in the box, as are the headphones.

Apparently the OP expected to get a "charging thing" (power adapter) as well.

The Apple Store is very clear on what's included; Apple's logic is just fine.

Ohh, I see! Ha.:D:D

pcomac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
its not the point that almost everything have usb thing. its the fact that apple is so cheap that they cant include an adapter for a $300 device -_-

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
its not the point that almost everything have usb thing. its the fact that apple is so cheap that they cant include an adapter for a $300 device -_-

That's a valid complaint but this is from a company that used to sell ALL their Macs the way they sell Mac Mini's these days (and I don't mean cheap), with nothing necessary to use the thing apart from a powercable!

preyan

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2007
South Africa
so i just recieved my itouch 5g and there is no charging thing like they have with the ipad.. i dont understand htf im suppose to charge it. im giving it as a gift to my brother and he doesnt own any apple stuff.... great logic apple

You do realise that unless through iTunes store, you need a computer with iTunes software to transfer movies, songs, photos, etc.
So, considering you need a computer, you can use that same computer to charge via USB.

Apple is very clear on what is included. I bought my iPad 2 and it came with the charge, which I use for both iPad and iPod :D

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
If you don't like it, return it. The iPod Touch has never been sold with a power adapter.

Huh..it seems like when i got one of the last gen for my daughter it had an adaptor. I could be wrong. Maybe she just grabbed one of the many around the house.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
You do realise that unless through iTunes store, you need a computer with iTunes software to transfer movies, songs, photos, etc.
So, considering you need a computer, you can use that same computer to charge via USB.

Apple is very clear on what is included. I bought my iPad 2 and it came with the charge, which I use for both iPad and iPod :D

No you don't, you can buy Music/Movies/Apps with the iPod Touch and download to directly it.
I thought since iOS 5 it's "PC Free"
Also you can sync wirelessly, so don't need to plug it into a computer.

Last edited:

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009

If they included the adaptor, the device would cost more, and not that many people need it.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth

Plug it on a computer. Or just buy a cheap wall adapter

Androidfan1x

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2012
yeah i hate this too, they don't include a power adapter and i have to either charge it using my computer or buy a adapter for $20.
i wish they didn't include the loop and included the power adapter instead

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
yeah i hate this too, they don't include a power adapter and i have to either charge it using my computer or buy a adapter for $20.
i wish they didn't include the loop and included the power adapter instead

$20?? They're about $5 at most places, $2 from Chinese eBay sellers with a fake 30-pin to USB adaptor included and free shipping. You could even find an old PC in the trash and use the USB port on it for charging.

Aaron P

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
here is an idea... go to JBHIFI and buy it there... ask them if they can do you a deal and ask if they can add it for free? i did that and got a ipod touch 8gb,new wall charger and new cases for it so i didnt scratch it... and it still cost me the exact same. the ipod went down $30 and the other $30 went to the stuff but it still cost the same as getting the ipod touch by its self. and the yalways have done me a good deal cuss they now that you will go back again and again for more deals
BE PERSUASIVE about it and be NICE not angry or mean or something.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Apple logic is not fine.

At 299, Adaptor should be added in the box like Gen 3. I read somewhere that gen 3 has plug included as well as headset with remote and mic. Its not an ipod nano or shuffle where you just plug it in to computer usb at work for 1.5-2.0 hours and last 30 hours music.

Ipod touch is quite big and for game play, we need adaptor for that not sold seperately for another 19 bucks.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Apple logic is not fine.

At 299, Adaptor should be added in the box like Gen 3. I read somewhere that gen 3 has plug included as well as headset with remote and mic. Its not an ipod nano or shuffle where you just plug it in to computer usb at work for 1.5-2.0 hours and last 30 hours music.

Ipod touch is quite big and for game play, we need adaptor for that not sold seperately for another 19 bucks.

Don't you bother to read the previous post in this thread before posting ? The 3rd gen iPod Touch along with ever other version of iPod Touch never included the USB adapter brick (they all only came with the USB cable). The links to all the versions of the iPod Touch tech sheets were posted in this thread and they show exactly what was in the box for the Touch.

Also, the 3rd gen Touch earbuds came with a remote and mic but it was the only version to do so.

jdiamond

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2008
You should really buy some of those USB wall plugs...

Understand you felt ripped off. I think it would be most useful to buy one of those wall plug / USB adapters that are now sold. Anything that's usb just plugs into them. They also have them for the car.

You might find 3rd party stuff is actually more useful than what Apple might have provided. :)

FlatlinerG

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2011
I seriously die a little inside when I read posts like the one that sparked this thread.

If you go to apple.com/store, and click on iPod Touch, it brings up the page for that product, which clearly outlines the following:

What's in the box
iPod touch
iPod touch loop
Apple EarPods
Lightning to USB cable

Truffy

macrumors 6502a
IIRC, the whole point of phones standardising on chargers was to reduce the shipping of chargers when people swapping to a new phone already had one. The kicker being that if you changed manufacturers the old charger wouldn't fit the new phone.

Now they do*, and companies don't have to supply chargers that go immediately to landfill. It's called 'environmental awareness'. It also reduces their costs, which I'm sure are passed on to the consumer :rolleyes:

It's a PITA if you're buying a completely new phone though.

* I wouldn't be too surprised if Apple was an exception to this!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.