Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thephased

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2009
If this is anything like the FitFolio for the regular iPad then the back is completely covered until you use it as a stand.

That's good. It also looks like the regular iPad version can fold back completely. I hope this one works the same way.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Anybody here just going to use a sleeve ?

I'm undecided at the moment. I have ordered several cases to try out, but also got a full body skin in case I decide a case is not for me. If I go the no case route then I will get a sleeve. The sleeve would probably be from Waterfield, Timbuk2, or Tom Bihn unless something else catches my eye.

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I'm looking for one that's just a hard case for the back. It will be for my mother & she will never take it anywhere so she just needs something to help her grip it.

tytbody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
I'm looking for one that's just a hard case for the back. It will be for my mother & she will never take it anywhere so she just needs something to help her grip it.

So that's what those are for. I was wondering why any one just wanted the back.

I decided, this morning, not to get the leather as I'm a kitchen surfer and sometimes the table is not clean. I'd be so pissed if I had a nice leather Cognac Brown and it comes up with honey on it:mad:

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
I 'treated' myself to one of these

Arrived already and I like it a lot (ok still waiting for the actual tablet) but its grippy, feels solid and the stand works well. It folds back nicely (for when I am reading in the car as will be 80% of my mini's use).

as cheap cases go I like it. The only improvement I would want is a magnetic latch; but its not a deal breaker for me.

Attachments

• 91mY2VsrWzL._AA1500_.jpg
    91mY2VsrWzL._AA1500_.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 3,059

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
What do you guys think of this ?

GreatShield VIES Protective Zip Sleeve Nylon Carrying Case for iPad Mini BLACK

http://bit.ly/TPXBS1

I don't like using cases , so when I'm not using the ipad it will be on this or my stand

tytbody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
What do you guys think of this ?

GreatShield VIES Protective Zip Sleeve Nylon Carrying Case for iPad Mini BLACK

http://bit.ly/TPXBS1

I don't like using cases , so when I'm not using the ipad it will be on this or my stand

I like that. It's nice looking. Protective.

----------

I 'treated' myself to one of these

Arrived already and I like it a lot (ok still waiting for the actual tablet) but its grippy, feels solid and the stand works well. It folds back nicely (for when I am reading in the car as will be 80% of my mini's use).

as cheap cases go I like it. The only improvement I would want is a magnetic latch; but its not a deal breaker for me.

so it just flips open? Nothing keeps it closed? i'm an animal print person also as i sit in my Leopard onsie.

you can certainly find that in your purse.

What do you mean by *grippy*

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
I like that. It's nice looking. Protective.

----------

so it just flips open? Nothing keeps it closed? i'm an animal print person also as i sit in my Leopard onsie.

you can certainly find that in your purse.

What do you mean by *grippy*

The back is hard plastic with a grippy like covering (rubbery?) and the case has an elastic strap to hold it closed.

mstrex

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2011
New iPad Mini KHOMO Case!!!

I received my ipad mini KHOMO case which I preordered on Amazon and just wanted to let you all know about the great quality of this case, it looks and feels very well built and finished. I still havent received my ipad mini but it seems it'll fit nicely and im really excited to have this awesome case ready for it! :)

PS: It says preordered, but I already received it. (don't know why.. lol)

Check it out here:

http://www.amazon.com/KHOMO-Black-B...id=1351535118&sr=8-10&keywords=ipad+mini+case

The also offer more colors.. Grey, Pink and Blue.. I picked black

Attachments

• iPad mini cs.jpg
    iPad mini cs.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 130

lokiju

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
Here's a strange one... Speck still does not have an iPad mini cases listed on their site (http://www.speckproducts.com/ipad-mini). However, Amazon claims to have the Speck Fit Folio available to order right now on their website for $35. http://www.amazon.com/Speck-Products-FitFolio-Leather-SPK-A1512/dp/B009UQ2L7U/ref=br_lf_m_1000844061_1_13_ttl?ie=UTF8&s=pc&pf_rd_p=1408874522&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000844061&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0YXP1AWJ504HBNB3YAS0

I was really wondering about this as I don't want to order a case that's like really made by Speck so I did the live chat with them and at first the rep didn't know of any iPad case but after showing the Amazon link and some checking being done, he/she says it's legit but that there will be a larger selection once it's posted on their main site.

Here's the chat log.

Start Time:*10/29/2012 11:31:24
End Time:*10/29/2012 11:40:17
Operators:*MC Vegas
Transcripts:*
Please wait for a site operator to respond...
If you do not want to wait, please click here to leave us a message.
Operator MC Vegas has joined the chat.
lokiju: hi
MC Vegas: Hello!
lokiju: I don't see an iPad Mini case listed on your site
MC Vegas: How are you?
MC Vegas: not yet but we are on the case
lokiju: but I see this that says it's a Speck Case for an iPad Mini listed on Amazon
lokiju: http://www.amazon.com/Speck-Product..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0YXP1AWJ504HBNB3YAS0
lokiju: so is this case listed on Amazon not really made by Speck then?
lokiju: is it a counterfeit knock off?
MC Vegas: give me just a sec while i check on this
MC Vegas: yep thats authentic
MC Vegas: as long as its shipped and sold by amazon. LLC its real
lokiju: oh wow
MC Vegas: this one is shipped and sold by amazon.
lokiju: interesting that it's shipping from them before it's showing on the "official" Speck site
lokiju: ok
lokiju: well guess that answers that
lokiju: thanks
MC Vegas: yeah weird.....Speck might have larger selection when we finally release it :)
MC Vegas: yeha no problem
MC Vegas: :)
lokiju: great
lokiju: thanks for the info
MC Vegas: yeah no problem! absolutely :)
MC Vegas: have a great day

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I was really wondering about this as I don't want to order a case that's like really made by Speck so I did the live chat with them and at first the rep didn't know of any iPad case but after showing the Amazon link and some checking being done, he/she says it's legit but that there will be a larger selection once it's posted on their main site.

Here's the chat log.

Start Time:*10/29/2012 11:31:24
End Time:*10/29/2012 11:40:17
Operators:*MC Vegas
Transcripts:*
Please wait for a site operator to respond...
If you do not want to wait, please click here to leave us a message.
Operator MC Vegas has joined the chat.
lokiju: hi
MC Vegas: Hello!
lokiju: I don't see an iPad Mini case listed on your site
MC Vegas: How are you?
MC Vegas: not yet but we are on the case
lokiju: but I see this that says it's a Speck Case for an iPad Mini listed on Amazon
lokiju: http://www.amazon.com/Speck-Product..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0YXP1AWJ504HBNB3YAS0
lokiju: so is this case listed on Amazon not really made by Speck then?
lokiju: is it a counterfeit knock off?
MC Vegas: give me just a sec while i check on this
MC Vegas: yep thats authentic
MC Vegas: as long as its shipped and sold by amazon. LLC its real
lokiju: oh wow
MC Vegas: this one is shipped and sold by amazon.
lokiju: interesting that it's shipping from them before it's showing on the "official" Speck site
lokiju: ok
lokiju: well guess that answers that
lokiju: thanks
MC Vegas: yeah weird.....Speck might have larger selection when we finally release it :)
MC Vegas: yeha no problem
MC Vegas: :)
lokiju: great
lokiju: thanks for the info
MC Vegas: yeah no problem! absolutely :)
MC Vegas: have a great day

Good to know! I had already ordered it since if it was fake or anything I knew Amazon would be an easy return, but it's good to know its the real deal.

Txjole

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2008
Now that the new mini Apple smart cover is on the ground who will be the first to make a back cover that will inegrate the smart cover??? Thats the one i'm waiting for.

cbb77

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2012
Now that the new mini Apple smart cover is on the ground who will be the first to make a back cover that will inegrate the smart cover??? Thats the one i'm waiting for.

Here's what I ordered.

http://www.amazon.com/KaysCase-Smart-Cover-Compatible-Apple/dp/B009SDH10C/?ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351277148&sr=8-1&keywords=ipad+mini+family&tag=gmgamzn-20

You can currently order it for 40% off with code GIZ40OFF thus figured not much to lose if it doesn't work.

They also have a hard shell version as well. Also 40% code is only good thru today!

http://www.amazon.com/KaysCase-Shell-Smart-Cover-Compatible/dp/B009SDH4AO/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1351545983&sr=8-6&keywords=B009SDH1AM+|+B0099PI5HC+|+B009SDH4AO+|+B009T61DX4+|+B009SD8ZS4+|+B009S0ZP5S+|+B0099PMBRM+|+B009UD3MAS+|+B009SDH1AM+|+B009T61DX4

MacinTosh.0

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
I was hoping Best Buy had some mini accessories for sale. I checked during lunch break and the employee said Thursday they will be putting some out. I was hoping to get a head start on accessories today.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale

Techwriter

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
this looks to be the first hard back compatible with smart cover...I'm in....

I'm buying this one, too. I'm trying to decide which color. I ordered the Black/Slate iPad Mini and am debating between clear and smoke. Did you get smoke also?

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I'm buying this one, too. I'm trying to decide which color. I ordered the Black/Slate iPad Mini and am debating between clear and smoke. Did you get smoke also?

I have a clear now and it shows scratches - so smoke this time...gonna run a dark grey and red smartcover with it....still though, I see none so far that lock the cover on....

Last edited:

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
I have a clear now and it shows scratches - so smoke this time...gonna run a dark grey and red smartcover with it....still though, I see none so far that lock the cover on....

Do it have the Kays Logo slapped all over the back? Or does it blend in with the case?

Mind uploading pictures?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.