Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sshhoott

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2010
Nexus 10 is 1.7 Ghz, and has 2GB Ram, and has higher resolution, thinner/lighter, and is $100 cheaper, and has multiple user accounts... hmm I dont know which one I'm gonna buy...:rolleyes:

dylin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2010
California
Well this does upset me a bit, but oh well. Don't really game on my iPad 3rd gen, but it does leave me kinda sad knowing that the update happened so quickly.

Ill just hold out till there is an iPad with a quad core CPU and not just GPU. (Although I highly doubt ill be doing much on an iPad that ill need all that power for)

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
uh oh... there will be even more complaining from third generation iPad owners now.

Not from this third-generation iPad owner. I'm excited for the future.

I prognosticate there will me more predictions of complaints from non-third-generaton iPad owners.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
Nexus 10 is 1.7 Ghz, and has 2GB Ram, and has higher resolution, thinner/lighter, and is $100 cheaper, and has multiple user accounts... hmm I dont know which one I'm gonna buy...:rolleyes:

Guaranteed replies.

janderson0719

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2011
It's the same amount as the iPad three or are you under some illusion that 2gb of ram will offer some benefit?

I think it's the latter. Spec bumps are nice, but with the OS staying the same, it goes unnoticed in real time use (or very minimal)

----------

Some people never learn...

Hint: (That means you)

cursedearth

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2011
Upgraded with the Lightning Connector that doesn't make the new iPad thinner or lighter nor does it increase charge times or transfer rate.

Thank you, Apple.

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
I still can't quite fathom what this speed increase will mean for everyday usage. My wife's iPad 1 still seems lightning fast to me - but maybe that's because my phone is still a 3GS. Will be very interesting to see how her iPad 4 compares in real world use when it arrives on Friday.

Bitgod

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2003
Well I guess I'm back to being angry again. I wanted A6 in the first place, but A5X is what we got and I was glad to have a faster ipad than the iPad 1. I decided I wasn't going to worry about selling the 3 to get a 4, and I still won't because I don't want to take a bath in what I'd get for a 3, but this ticks me off. Shrug. Bleep Apple, glad I won't be buying any new HW from them for a while. Well, other than another lightning cable or two, if they can ever find a way to make enough to start selling separates. I'd be more than happy to buy a 3rd party black cable, as long as it just charges properly.

tjl3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012

Probably runs iOS better too... :rolleyes:

davidgnomo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2012
Imola (BO) - Italy
Patience has been rewarded ... my wife's got me the first iPad, then 2 came and it wasn't that big upgrade in my opinion so I didn't catch ... than 3 and retina came and I was this far from buying, but I fortunately resisted ! Got the 4th on day 2 from release, and am really happy about the benchmarks ... but I also think that at that rate of upgrading, Apple will see me changing it when they come out with 10 (which by the way could be in about 3 years from now !) :p

davidgnomo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2012
Imola (BO) - Italy
I still can't quite fathom what this speed increase will mean for everyday usage. My wife's iPad 1 still seems lightning fast to me - but maybe that's because my phone is still a 3GS. Will be very interesting to see how her iPad 4 compares in real world use when it arrives on Friday.

It is definitely your 3GS experience that makes you think iPad 1 is fast : believe me, it is not ! And when you guys get iPad 4 it's gonna be like night to day !

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Nice upgrade, but I am content with my iPad3.

I'll wait till it gets an iPad Mini type makeover

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.