Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

riptide747

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
I recently purchased an iPod Touch 5th generation and among its many features it also includes a small button on the bottom that pops up to reveal a wrist strap hook. Personally I'm never going to use this as I don't take my iPod out for a jog (get a nano or shuffle for that) so what else could you use it for? Possibly an anchor for a case?

Post your ideas, see if we can innovate!

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I recently purchased an iPod Touch 5th generation and among its many features it also includes a small button on the bottom that pops up to reveal a wrist strap hook. Personally I'm never going to use this as I don't take my iPod out for a jog (get a nano or shuffle for that) so what else could you use it for? Possibly an anchor for a case?

Post your ideas, see if we can innovate!

A tripod mount for when you use the Touch for photography.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
I think you should put it on.

New ipod seems like it could fall off your hand any minute because of the thinness and weight.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Tripod mount gets my vote, I have to say in the colder weather we've been having, I've resorted to using the wrist strap whilst taking photos. I feel an idiot but I haven't dropped it yet (touch wood)...

riptide747

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Tripod mount gets my vote, I have to say in the colder weather we've been having, I've resorted to using the wrist strap whilst taking photos. I feel an idiot but I haven't dropped it yet (touch wood)...

I believe the phrase is "knock on wood" my good sir.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.