Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tdsmth

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
Apple timed the release of this news PERFECTLY under the shadow of the big Disney/Lucasfilm announcement. Wow...

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
The least they could have done is tell us earlier.

Think of all of those people in that New iTunes thread. They must be devastated. :p

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
This is not a big deal.

Why have people been asking in every thread about iTunes 11's release date? Has it become to the new iMac? Makes no sense (to me).

Because it's the first major rehaul of the software since 2006 I believe. And i'm tremendously looking forward to it's built in iCloud features and streaming.

MacBookPro13"

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2011
Ireland
I don't care what anyone says, things just don't seem to be heading in the right direction with Apple since Cook has taken over.

dermeister

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2003
iTunes 11 is expected to bring a complete overhaul to the user interface of the iTunes app itself and the iTunes Store.

Again? I guess they mostly just reskin iTunes every time based on the mood of the iTunes team's UI guys, but I suppose an overhaul is due given how much stuff has been dumped into iTunes over the years.

I guess we have to hope the overhaul is good. Didn't the same thing happen with Apple TV's UI recently? I think we are seeing one side of Apple that was under Jobs' protection being systematically swept away now that a year has passed.

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
MacBookPro13";16181547 said:
I don't care what anyone says, things just don't seem to be heading in the right direction with Apple since Cook has taken over.

Just like MobileMe right? :)

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
MacBookPro13";16181547 said:

Browett?

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
it always amuses me when I see posts about the "next iTunes" and now not only is there an entire thread about it but it is 'big news'.

If they're not happy with this one (they never are) they won't be happy with the next one (and never will)

Yep, I just came in to break toes :D

chazcron

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2012
Usually X.0.1 updates come out a few days before the iTunes update. IOS 6.0.1 update will probably be delayed too. Oh well, two more months of convincing AT&T that my data overage is not my fault, begging for credit. Probably will keep gimping my phone and not using cell data. I heard the bug fixes for data leaking are proving quite hard to fully track down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.