Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
I hear you. I'm in a similar situation...we have to have a product launched by mid-December, even though we don't yet have all necessary assets from the design team to complete the product. Their deadlines were moved, but the developers deadlines stayed the same. Bottom line...this kind of thing happens too frequently.

Your boss is probably an engineer. They give the design people lots of deference because they don't understand them or what they do, but ever since Apple they've been told that they're important.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
iTunes is in drastic need of a complete overhaul, so I'm glad that they're taking the time to get it right. There's far too much that could go wrong.

Aidan5806

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2012
It might not take so long if they sent out a beta to developers to check for bugs.

Just sayin.

chriscl

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2008
Stuttgart, Germany
The graphics on Apple's website still say "Coming in October" :)

That will change shortly I guess.

To be honest, whilst I was looking forward to the new iTunes, I'm prepared to wait until its done - I'd rather it work than them rushing it out - like they did with iOS Maps.

jcallegri

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2012
London, England
bollocks

This never would of happened under Steve Jobs :apple: :(
instead of firing the important people in the company, why not just get rid of Tim Cook, he's boring during the keynotes and clearly doesn't have any passion for it :mad:

iSRS

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2010
Apple timed the release of this news PERFECTLY under the shadow of the big Disney/Lucasfilm announcement. Wow...

Beat me to it. I came here to say

This will be a day long remembered. Episode VII has a release date, and Apple is starting to get back to "ship when ready" basics.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Anyone feel you just can't trust the release dates Apple give now? iTunes 11, the infamous white iPhone 4, the Mountain Lion up-to-date programme, etc

MacRetina

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2012
Not a big deal. I don't really use iTunes for music anyway. Ive will make it beautiful :D

DJAKO

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
Apple should probably update their image then...

violator.jpg

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
I said this would happen last week when they didn't mention it at the keynote. I miss the days when Steve would stand up and announce something and you knew it would be "available now". It's not just the software - they stand up and announce new iMacs then give no clue as to when they will be in the shops. "Sometime in November" is just crap. Finish the effing product, test it, etc, etc and then get up and announce the thing ready to buy "today".

Yeah! Steve would never delay a release.

He would never delay iOS push notifications for over a year after he announced it.

He wouldn't announce a white iPhone, delay it for a month, delay it again, then finally release it after almost a year.

And he certainly wouldn't delay a major OS release (Leopard) for 4 months.

Hephaestus

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2010
Damn it this is what I've been looking forward to most since the keynote! Better be worth the wait!

rileyes

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2009
Hope this new iTunes is slick and fast, the worst thing about the current one is it's quite slow to open and do stuff in!

iTunes has never been slick and fast, and it never will. Apple does not know how to make software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.