Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wilhoitm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Did Ive design the UI for iTunes 11?

Did Jonathan Ive design the UI for the New iTunes?

It looks like it! :apple:

jwsmiths

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2006
first sorry for my bad english

I think itunes 11 is same itunes 10 with many problems and low speed and other problems, all changes are just graphical
I think apple shocked when windows 8 released and know they are thinking to Competition with great windows 8 features(html5) that they never can create something like that.
why apple said this(itunes will arrive november) in last day? why they didn't say it in past days?

No offense but Windows 8 wasn't a "shock" - it's features had been demo'd long in advance and Apple was aware of what was coming out of Redmond.

iTunes has long been a graphical front-end for an HTML based store and an SQLite iTunes database so they are very much capable of creating the HTML5 that you mentioned.

What happened most likely was that with this management shake-up yesterday small, but important, changes need to be made to satisfy the new management.

macbd

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2010
Just one more vote for getting it as right as possible first crack out of the box, instead of a buggy mess pushed out to meet a schedule.

It's just a month, folks.

Life does go on...;)

Agreed. And ever since iCloud (& iTunes Match), I use it less and less. Mostly just make sure it's up and running for Apple TV streaming.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
So they found out today that it was going to take another month?? They're making the same mistake again. The label says "November" instead of "End of November". People who see it in November will think "any day now" and when it's November 30th and for some reason it's not ready, Apple will switch it again?
They're not fostering a lot of good will with these moves. Sure delay it if its not ready but don't string people along. They had to have know it wouldn't be ready last week or even before then. Why wait til the last possible moment to gather more and more disappointment from those waiting?

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
So they found out today that it was going to take another month?? They're making the same mistake again. The label says "November" instead of "End of November". People who see it in November will think "any day now" and when it's November 30th and for some reason it's not ready, Apple will switch it again?
They're not fostering a lot of good will with these moves. Sure delay it if its not ready but don't string people along. They had to have know it wouldn't be ready last week or even before then. Why wait til the last possible moment to gather more and more disappointment from those waiting?

I think a mention during the iPad mini keynote would have eased the burn a little.

pedromartins

Suspended
Sep 7, 2012
Porto, Portugal
Ha. Who cares.

iTunes has never been slick and fast, and it never will. Apple does not know how to make software.

Dramatically simpler and cleaner interface. Just like iOS, that means less control for the end user. Enjoy, children.

Maybe this will hurt you, but you need a reality check:

Apple is also the biggest software company (at least on Earth). (iWork, iLife, Aperture, Final Cut, Motion, Compressor, MainStage, Logic Pro, iBooks Author, xCode, iTunes and everything related to it, Mountain Lion, iOS, iCloud, Safari, Quicktime, mail, etc.). They for sure know about software. Maybe in Mars we have a bigger software company.. Maybe.

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
When is the last time Apple delayed something? I dont know if this is good (because they are changing more stuff maybe, like icloud movies or video iTunes Match?) or if it is bad because they don't typically do this kind of stuff (turning into Microsoft, are we?)

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
When is the last time Apple delayed something? I dont know if this is good (because they are changing more stuff maybe, like icloud movies or video iTunes Match?) or if it is bad because they don't typically do this kind of stuff (turning into Microsoft, are we?)

I think Match was the last thing they delayed.

It's not so much the delaying that's irritating, it's giving a deadline for people to get amped up about and missing it.

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
Ha. Who cares.
iTunes has never been slick and fast, and it never will. Apple does not know how to make software.

Along with 'When was the last innovative thing Apple did?' post the other day by someone, this is next in line for the funniest thing I've heard all year!

cgk.emu

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012

Because delaying a product makes them Microsoft? I don't see the connection. Every company delays things now and again.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
I do see one downside to this particular delay.

iTunes match was first released November 14 last year. So people who got it right away have their year subscriptions expire the 14th.

Personally, I'm hoping the new iTunes brings some improvement to Match (yes, I know it's mostly server side, but still...). October release would have meant a bit of time with the new app to decide whether to renew. If it releases late November, the early Match adopters will have to decide whether to renew or let it lapse before the new app is out.

Other than that I'm fine with it coming out later, but the Match thing is a disappointment.

malnar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
Well, I'm pretty annoyed because I was counting on getting iTunes 11 with its new, supposedly improved Match controls now, before my subscription is to be renewed on Nov. 14, so I can see if Match is finally going to work right or if I need to just give up on it all together. Would love to see that we're going to get an extension to give the new Match a chance to correct all the MANY mistakes it has made over the past year (incorrect matches, mainly, but missing artwork, songs that won't download, and other irritations).

k12g3

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2009
I read this as..."We didn't get the rights to our streaming radio service like we had planned on, so hopefully we get them by the end of November."

SeattleMoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2009
Der Wald
Good Judgement

Reputation is everything. If you release a piece of crap early EVERYONE will NEVER FORGET that "x" is a piece of crap. The penalty for being late is much more forgiving. If you are late but "x" works pretty well nobody will remember "x" was late. They will only know they like it. So yes, please NO MORE HALF BAKED PRODUCTS!!!

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
I read this as..."We didn't get the rights to our streaming radio service like we had planned on, so hopefully we get them by the end of November."

I feel like they would have launched it anyway with support from smaller labels to prove it would be a success and the larger labels would have hopped on board.

Anuba

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2005
"Forstall...!"

Attachments

• Indy-Forrestal.png
    Indy-Forrestal.png
    317.2 KB · Views: 71

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK

I think Mountain Lion runs beautifully! As well as a lot of their other software, it's just iTunes (and sometimes iPhoto) that annoy me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.