Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rrandyy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
I am using an iPhone 5 on iOS 6. After I turned my phone back on after a flight, I immediately received two text messages. Both were from "unknown" and the content of the message was "message not found." Is anyone familiar with this error?

I would like to resolve it so that I do not miss text messages in the future.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 9,332

ThinkCreative

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
I'm having the same issue, I've been randomly getting these messages for almost 2 months now. iPhone 4S and now on my iPhone 5 both running iOS 6

rrandyy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
Can you confirm if you have any of the following? I'm trying to determine any similarities that may be the cause:

1) Moved from jailbroken 5.x to 6.0, without setting up as new
2) Received the unknown message after turning on phone
3) Have not confirmed from anyone that they sent text, which I received as from unknown.

Thanks!

ThinkCreative

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
I have not been jail broken, it's happening all the time and I'm not getting group chat text messages. I am getting regular text and all of iMessages.

Thundo

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2012
Unknown

Im having the same problem!!! I keep getting message not found from "unknown" . I am also not receiving group messages. The phone worked fine the first week then these problems started occurring. Apple replaced the phone and the same thing is happening to this new phone. Both phones are the iphone5. Please help so annoying I've tried everything.

papiti

macrumors regular
May 28, 2008
Puerto Rico
Same thin has been happening to me for the past week now. Just got about 28 messages from "Unknown". I have an iPhone 5 with 6.0.1. Anyone know what is going on???

reysebastian

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2012
I have encountered the same thing, I have a 4S on Sprint and am running 6.0.1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,681

mikeerhymes

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2010
I am getting the same thing 2 lots of 2 black messages from unknown.

I am in UK on Vodafone.....

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cody21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
Knoxville, TN
This happens to me but only when if I get a message and then turn the phone off and turn it back on. As soon as the phone powers on and retrieves service, I get an text message from "unknown" but the message I previously received before I turned the phone off is still there.

Glennford

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2013
I recently went to Brazil with no data service and once back in the US..... Boom! 147 unknown messages.... Now, i cant even remove it...WTF! Every time i reboot i get them all over again and my phone goes nuts! Help... Wtf do i do? I just want them gone.

Btw... Im on 6.1.2 ios

----------

I havent tried but this makes sense. I will try it in the morning.

http://www.askmefast.com/Blank_message__Unknown_sender-qna2190983.html#q2349297

J0hnnyd0

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2013
This is what I got, it's ******** if you ask me. I'm ticked.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 4,363
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.