Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Raidriar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you were experiencing a similar issue or concern as me. I've been noticing that when I take video, the image looked shaky (in comparison to ipod touch 4G) especially when making slight movements. This created a bit of a blur effect that's really bothersome on a video that isn't even taking high speed actions.

Then later when I took another video I noticed the video was blurring then unblurring often. I came to a conclusion that this is because the camera keeps trying to focus. These are pretty decently lit areas inside buildings with friends that I was trying this on and I was really concerned by the way these turned out. Everything about this camera seems amazing but when I get videos like this, I don't even know what to do. Maybe because the ipod touch 4G didn't have focusing that it never had this issue. And maybe because the iphone 5 has some stabilizer that they won't have this video issue? I'm not too sure but this doesn't seem like a defect..

hioscar

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Me too! Ipod touch 5g video stabilizer is very 'blurry'

I was happy to read that someone else is unhappy with the stabilizer of the ipod touch 5g, I watched a video on the internet too with the iphone 5 and its stabilizer was much much better.

Apart from that I am very happy with the video quality in regards to sharpness, focusing and color.

Its Just such a let down from apple that as soon as you move the ipod more than a very slow pan, everything blurs up and goes out of focus...

I hope there is some sort of software upgrade apple can bring out that focuses on this issue...

Raidriar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
I read some more online and I couldn't find much about this for the ipod touch but it sounds like the iphone 4s and maybe upgrading their firmware created a similar issue. I'm surprised no one else has really noticed. It's quite obvious if you use this for filming that your video is constantly auto focusing every few seconds. It really needs a stable way to focus like a real camera which sounds simple enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.