Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joekim1026

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Hello!

I recently got an apple tv3 for my birthday and I love it! I have Beamer, however it won't support smi subtitles and when I try to convert it to sub or srt, it won't work. Any help would be great. Especially something that will embed the smi or subtitle track into the movie file itself

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Hello!

I recently got an apple tv3 for my birthday and I love it! I have Beamer, however it won't support smi subtitles and when I try to convert it to sub or srt, it won't work. Any help would be great. Especially something that will embed the smi or subtitle track into the movie file itself
What app did you use for smi conversion? Did you use Subler to include the Srt after conversion?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Was not sure how to use subler, could you help me?

1, open the MP4 (mov / m4v) file in Subler. If you're presented a track selection dialog, click "Add".

2, click "+" on the top left

3, select the SRT file

4, just click the default "Add" button

5, select the language in the "Language" column.

6, save.

That is, it's pretty much the same as adding other types (e.g., audio / video) of tracks to an MP4 (mov / m4v) file.

alanmcloughlin8

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2014
How to you add the set for foreign audio only? As when the files is an a avi and the srt is the the same folder this is automatic and subtitles only show on the foreign audio parts. But after converting avi to mp4 and then using subler to embed the srt, subtitles show for both non English and English audio and I can't seem to get around this. Any ideas?

Also I'm not a fan of the way subler displays subtitles, I would like it to look the way an a I displays and srt subtitles, any good software option out there than do this automatically rather than having to use some software that involves sitting I front of the computer for hour manually creating this effect?

It would have to be able to run on Mac OS X

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.