Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rpage935

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2011
Look at the receipt. What is this "10% Discount"? The "discount given" is 10% of the cost of the Mini.

Sounds like an employee or a friend of an employee. Bad.....

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Obviously some of you have never worked for Walmart lol
This. Hell, you can return a broken laptop and get a refund at Walmart, even if you dropped it in front of them. Lol.

The person that sold it to him probably had a Assistant Manager or Co-Manager/Manager override.

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
The point is, if you're going to the trouble of taking a picture of the receipt and posting it, why wouldn't you take a picture of the mini itself. OP has had his five minutes in the spotlight. Time to move on until pictures appear (which they probably will on Friday).

53x12

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2009
Look at the receipt. What is this "10% Discount"? The "discount given" is 10% of the cost of the Mini.

Sounds like an employee or a friend of an employee. Bad.....

Was given a discount of $8.00. iPad mini costs $329. 10% of $329 is $32.90 not $8.

53x12

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2009
Read the next section down. It says the discount given was $32.90. This is all kinda of fake b

Which is why the receipt is a photoshop. I was looking at the discount in the first heading under the return of the Nexus 7 and the purchase of the iPad mini. In addition they didn't not give him the sales tax back from his Nexus 7 purchase. The whole thing is a fraud.

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
I'm with the doubters here but consider: maybe all he's got with him to take a picture is the iPad mini. It's hard to take a picture of the camera if it's the only camera you have with you. If he's in college, the box might be back at the dorm/apt. Maybe he's just playing with his new toy?

For many, a receipt of purchase is pretty strong evidence a purchase was made. You can get rebates, etc as long as you have a receipt. I usually tuck receipts in my wallet so it would be plausible that he might have that with him.

If he's still checking this thread and the above is the case, I suggest finding a mirror around somewhere and taking a picture of the reflection of the iPad Mini.

There are some unboxing photos from France in another thread https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1480127/, so its not like every single Mini in the world is so locked down it would be impossible for someone to possess one today.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Why doesn't the mini have the size on it like the Nexus does? I call BS.

tytbody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
If he can take a picture of a receipt on earth wouldn't take a picture of the actual product. Who took the picture, who uploaded the picture the forum? He's a mac person, now you tell me, who doesn't have a smart phone that owns a mac?

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
why dont you guys call the store to confirm if there's an ipad mini there

Just did, they are selling "spots". The receipt you see here is nothing more than a placeholder in line.

Yes you paid for it (why, I have no idea), but they do not release it until Friday.

So says the Walmart at that location.

WorriedNewb

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2012
Just did, they are selling "spots". The receipt you see here is nothing more than a placeholder in line.

Yes you paid for it (why, I have no idea), but they do not release it until Friday.

BUSTED!!! Love it!! :cool:

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
If he can take a picture of a receipt on earth wouldn't take a picture of the actual product. Who took the picture, who uploaded the picture the forum? He's a mac person, now you tell me, who doesn't have a smart phone that owns a mac?

I don't own a smart phone but I have several Macs.

If he's only got the new mini with him, maybe he took a picture of the receipt with the mini. When I was a student, one goal was to not carry any more around with me than I absolutely needed. And if I got a new toy like a Mini, I would bring it along and leave other gear at home.

Still a doubter myself but I can imagine this scenario as fitting. If he's actually got one somehow (and it's the only camera he has on him), he needs to find a mirror and take a photo of it. Or borrow someone else's camera and take a few photos.

Of course, if I was him and was called "troll", etc over and over, I might take a picture of something else and upload it instead.

waltercln

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010

Which is exactly what I said a few posts back.

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
So I guess now some guy making minimum wage at Wal-Mart is going to get fired and maybe Apple will re-think letting Wal-Mart in on opening day sales.

Congrats to the OP if you really got this. But next time don't throw the guys who helped you under the bus. Posting the receipt with all that detail has exposed them and Apple doesn't take kindly to that.

phantomsd

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
OP posts receipt > Members want proof > No response from OP > Haters/Trollcity > OP burns everyone with actual photos > OP is the man > OP is a bad person for posting receipt

WOW.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.