Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

misterc0w

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Here is a post to separate out the folks that ordered the iPad Mini with cellular. I originally had a 11/19 delivery date, but now it says mid-November.

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I ordered an iPad 4 cellular & an iPad mini cellular Friday morning. Mine changed from Nov 26th & Nov 23rd to ships Mid-November as well.

Izzybeff

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2010
Mine also changed from Nov. 23 to Mid November. I really hope we get them on the 16th like others were talking about. It's killing me that everyone else is getting there's on Friday and we have to wait!

This is my first pre-order and I'm so excited, but bummed that everyone will be posting pictures and playing with their new ipad while we are still waiting! :(

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I'm tempted to pre-order one as I just sold my iPad 3 LTE. Why the delay for the mini LTE version anyhow?

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
UPDATE: My iPad mini w/ LTE still has not shipped.

Hey, then I call "no fair" having it in your sig! ;)

But seriously, I called MyApple yesterday and asked if LTE Mini could arrive before Thanksgiving. She said all she knew was it would be sometime between 21st(?) and 27th.

Regards,
Tom

Eragon

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2007
My mini also shows only shipping in mid-November as well. Otherwise, still in processing stage.

Txjole

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2008
Mine say mid-Nov as well, but confirmed i'm still set up for next day air and was told the storm up east is the reason for the date change on everyones order status page. :confused:

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Just put in an order for a 16GB AT&T LTE and my ship date says mid November as well. For those who received free overnight shipping, did you call and ask to be upgraded?

----------

Hey, then I call "no fair" having it in your sig! ;)

But seriously, I called MyApple yesterday and asked if LTE Mini could arrive before Thanksgiving. She said all she knew was it would be sometime between 21st(?) and 27th.

Regards,
Tom

That should not be considered mid November. Mid November to me would be 15th-20th IMO.

schulzmc

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2006
Just put in an order for a 16GB AT&T LTE and my ship date says mid November as well. For those who received free overnight shipping, did you call and ask to be upgraded?

I did not select expedited shipping when I ordered, and originally my order said it would arrive Nov. 23. I called to see if I could upgrade the shipping and was told I don't have to - since it is a new product release they all will be shipped the fastest way possible, even though my order says standard shipping. BTW - mine now simply says "mid-November" as well instead of Nov. 23.

Eragon

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2007
If these devices are coming in from China, why would disruptions in NY, and NJ impact deliveries elsewhere?

ToyGun1

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2012
My both ipad 4 cellular 16gb and ipad mini 16gb cellular both shows late november both preordered on the 26th.

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR

----------

That should not be considered mid November. Mid November to me would be 15th-20th IMO.

To be fair, the status says "Ships Mid November". It doesn't say Arrives :). I'm hoping it will be like the WiFi only mini & arrive on launch day for the cellular.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
If these devices are coming in from China, why would disruptions in NY, and NJ impact deliveries elsewhere?

I'm assuming it would disrupt those in those cities that would be receiving them. I'm in Chicago and I don't think it would cause any disruption with my delivery, but stranger things have happened. I would just like to have it before I leave on the 21st.

----------

I did not select expedited shipping when I ordered, and originally my order said it would arrive Nov. 23. I called to see if I could upgrade the shipping and was told I don't have to - since it is a new product release they all will be shipped the fastest way possible, even though my order says standard shipping. BTW - mine now simply says "mid-November" as well instead of Nov. 23.

Thank you for that info.

Txjole

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2008

I do not think that is correct. I had mine as standard shipping and it showed a date of Nov 23rd, then I upgraded to next day air and it bumped it to Nov 19th. That was before everyone got the now standard "mid Nov"

----------

Next day air

D043CD4D-2A04-483C-9D53-AF269384DD21-2304-000002FFCF4A7C00.jpg

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
64 GB Black/Slate AT&T LTE
Ordered Friday, October 26th
Available to ship mid November

sheldonb95

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Just got off the phone with Apple. They told me that all orders that were changed to "Ships in Mid-November" have most likely been delayed. They do not have a set release date for the 4G's. They even told me that some iPad Mini's with WiFi with November 2nd dates may even be delayed. :(

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
I do not think that is correct. I had mine as standard shipping and it showed a date of Nov 23rd, then I upgraded to next day air and it bumped it to Nov 19th. That was before everyone got the now standard "mid Nov"

----------

Next day air

Does your status still show the 19th as your delivery date?

freejack

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2007
Long Island, NY

How did you change it to next day shipping? Don't see an option like that on my order.

reputationZed

macrumors 65816

My guess would be that the storm has lead to back ups at the various major hubs. So even though Memphis was not affected by Sandra there may be a significant back up at the Fed Ex hub of packages destined for the east coast.

Forgot to add - preordered on Friday morning. Estimated ship went from mid November to 23 November back to mid November

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.