Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GP20

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
So I just found out that my soon-to-be-delivered black 32gb will be a week 38. A little disappointed and crossing my fingers that it won't have any flaw.

The other white 32gb that I ordered for a friend that will be delivered on the same day as the black 32gb will be a week 42.

How is it that a week 38 black being shipped later than those week 40/41 ones that you guys already have received?

Received the week 38 black 32gb today. It's a joke.

6 chips & 2 scratches and 2 wear marks on the bezel / chamfer only. I haven't even removed the backing protector yet and won't even bother. There's also a really loud rattle noise, much louder compared to my week 36 white 32gb that I've been using since Sept 22nd. I hear this rattle noise simply raising the phone to my ear; don't even have to tap it with my hand.

It'sMyPrecious

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2012
Between heaven and hell
Week 41. White 16gb. Near perfect except if you turn it on full brightness in a dark room, you can see a small light leakage near the power button. I rarely use my iPhone on full brightness in a dark room, so it doesn't matter. Other than that, no scuffs, rattling, ghostly apparitions, or haunting voices.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Received the week 38 black 32gb today. It's a joke.

6 chips & 2 scratches and 2 wear marks on the bezel / chamfer only. I haven't even removed the backing protector yet and won't even bother. There's also a really loud rattle noise, much louder compared to my week 36 white 32gb that I've been using since Sept 22nd. I hear this rattle noise simply raising the phone to my ear; don't even have to tap it with my hand.

And to add balance I have a pristine no rattle no wifi issue no screen loose no light bleed Week 38 16gb black/slate.

Other owners with younger week numbers than mine have also reported pristine iPhone 5's out of the box.

A little too much emphasis is being put on the Week number in my option.

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
Somewhat unrelated, but is it bad that the replacement I got today was week 38 and the one I first bought was week 39?

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
Week 42 White iPhone 5 16GB for AT&T. 2 dents along the back left of the phone.

yezza

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
Received mine here in New Zealand today, ordered online through the Apple Store (we don't have a physical Apple Store here).

Week 43, black 64GB - aesthetically perfect :)

I have yet to set up and have a play.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
i had a tiny nick literally half a millimeter long on the back aluminum plate.. no complaints and am still using the phone :)

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Having to focus on the week it's built is very revealing.

I'm thinking positive... perhaps Apples new reorganization will bring a better product. One that's properly sorted & free of cosmetic defects.

For years I bought Apple laptops & desktops, all which looked & performed as new. I'd welcome a return to that level of quality.

andlil

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2012
Helsingborg, Sweden
Model introduced: 2012
Serial number: :p
Production year: 2012
Production week: 42 (October)
Name: iPhone 5
ModelCode: iphone_5
Model Number: MD299
Group1: iPhone
Group2:
Generation: 7
Machine Model: iPhone5,1
CPU speed: 1.3GHz
Family name: Become a pro user to see this information. (sorry)
Screen size: 4 inch
Screen resolution: 1136x640 pixels
Colour: Black
Capacity: 32GB
Factory: C3 (China)

Mine was perfect!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.