Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedi74

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
i have pac man which is fun.....
can anyone suggest a fun game worth the money?

thanks!

Allegrotechie

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2011

thanks!

The new Need for Speed is amazing, it just came out, iPhone 5/iTouch 5 support. Truly amazing and worth the 7 bucks. Also that free punching/runner game is sick. Also 1136x960 support

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012

thanks!

I suppose you mean top games for the iTouch

Recommend the following:
Infinity Blade 2 (Not sure if updated for the 4" display)
Plants vs Zombies (WARNING: HIGHLY ADDICTIVE)
Fruit Ninja
Death Rally
Temple Run (free!)
Angry birds/seasons/Rio/Star Wars (coming soon)

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
I constantly checked and Angry bird series have not been optimized for 4 inch.

I think angry bird star wars will released both for 3.5 and 4.0. Fruit Ninja is still 3.5. Jetpack is another good game and fully optimized for Touch 5 already. They probably wont adjust for Infinity blade because the game is quite graphic heavy. Maybe wait for part 3.

King of fighter i 2012 will not adjust as well, i think. Little sad that you have to play 3.5 games on 4.0 screen. Why dont Apple just enlarge the screen but keep the same ratio????

jedisaga

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2008
Havertown, PA

thanks!

Not sure if you're into RPGs but the game Lili has amazing graphics and definitely takes advantage of the retina display, the screen size and power of the new ipod touch. The graphics are almost "xbox 360" quality.

J

jnmiah

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2012
I constantly checked and Angry bird series have not been optimized for 4 inch. Infinity blade 2 is optimized for iPod 5g and iPhone 5

I think angry bird star wars will released both for 3.5 and 4.0. Fruit Ninja is still 3.5. Jetpack is another good game and fully optimized for Touch 5 already. They probably wont adjust for Infinity blade because the game is quite graphic heavy. Maybe wait for part 3.

King of fighter i 2012 will not adjust as well, i think. Little sad that you have to play 3.5 games on 4.0 screen. Why dont Apple just enlarge the screen but keep the same ratio????
it is optimized for iPod touch 5g

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
1) Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor (Free because it's Apple's app of the week) It's excellent.
1) Swordigo
2) Anodia

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
I second Spider/Bryce: it's awesome. And both Infinity Blades rock and are on sale right now. Asphalt is good too. Here are some others:
1) Where's my Water, puzzler
2) Jumbline 2, word game
3) Dark Nebula 1 & 2, interesting action
4) Cut the Rope, physics puzzle
5) Contre Jour, if you like Cut the Rope
6) EX Skater, skating side scroller with cool moves
7) Mirror's Edge, action
8) ShadowGun, FPS
9) Peggle, come on!
10) Waking Mars, exploration
11) LostWinds, casual adventure

Have fun!

cnev3

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Galaxy on Fire 2 HD

Both great games and 4" screen ready!

I was about to say those games. They are great.

Also Punch Quest. It's one of the best time waster, sitting on the toilet, only got 4 minutes to play, game.

NFS Most Wanted graphics are ridiculous

photo3.jpg

Last edited:

Dorje Sylas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
If you like Sci-Fi and cover shooters I'd say Mass Effect Infiltrator. Just make sure you turn off Tap to Aim in the options, and it'll give you some decent freedom of run-&-gun movement.

Depends on what games you like really.

john bacon

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2012
if you are into short bursts of old school arcade action you HAVE to buy "infinity field" do not confuse with infinity blade

best dollar i've spent

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
The Spider game is unusual - really cool and a lot of fun.

Am downloading Lilli atm to see what it's like.

Regbial

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
If you can stand the controls I say get FFT: War of the Lions. Also The World Ends With You is a game I think EVERYONE should play at least once.:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.