Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

One day before the launch of the iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad, Apple has just released iOS 6.0.1. The update had been reported to be in carrier testing two weeks ago.
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings
ios_6_0_1_itunes.png
iPhone 5 users updating from their devices are required to first install an "updater" application to fix a bug that would otherwise prevent over-the-air updates. Once the updater has been applied users can download iOS 6.0.1 from their devices.

ios601.jpg

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 6.0.1 with Fixes for Keyboard Screen Glitch, Camera Flash Issues, and More

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
Not gonna upgrade until I know for sure this wont affect my battery life. Don't wanna relive my 4S debacle.

Nathan20

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2012
Lol Forstall, iPhone 5 shipped with a bug that doesn’t let it get OTA updates.

Rondue

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
PA
No battery fix, no fix for me using 2x cellular data doing the same things, no care.

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
lol didn't know threads get locked in other sections also talking about it.

whatever though. Out now. Downloading

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
Installing now.

The "iPhone 5 Updater" downloads an app that forces you to restart, then takes you Software Update in Settings to download 6.0.1 when you tap on it again.

FmgNH.png

SgtDecimal

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2007
California
"Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances"

I hope I can now make calls where I live.

MattJessop

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2007
Manchester, UK
Still not showing for me...

Also, the fact that an OTA update says "Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air" makes me laugh.

pensoftware

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2008
Using an over-the-air software update to allow over-the-air software updates. Software Update-ception!

tenmiler

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
Summit county, Co
Battery, battery, battery

I upgraded to the 5 because my 4S after iOS6 couldn't get through the day without a mid-day recharge, or even more.

My 5 is the same way. iOS 5 had tremendous battery life on my 4S.

I really am disappointed this hasn't been resolved, or at least not mentioned in this update list.

:mad:

wolverinemarky

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
what does the iPhone dev team say is it safe to download or should we avoid it for a possible jailbreak later down the line???

mcinally

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2012
Manchester, UK
I'm a little puzzled with the updater app, obviously I understand its purpose for now, but can I just get rid of it after the update has completed?

skate71290

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
UK
I love updates :) hopefully fixes my Wi-Fi issue at work! Also, with the new iPads arriving tomorrow, we surely must be seeing iTunes 11 today, would be a massive troll moment if they release 10.7.1 lol :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.