Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
I'm a little puzzled with the updater app, obviously I understand its purpose for now, but can I just get rid of it after the update has completed?

Yes. 6.0.1 contains the fix. The updater app is simply a bridge to get there. It is removed upon updating to 6.0.1.

Last edited:

hfletcher

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2008
UK
No wonder Forstall got fired..

An updater app to make the OTA updater work? Seriously?

Lol. Just Lol.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Still not showing for me...

Also, the fact that an OTA update says "Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air" makes me laugh.

I never even realized, and I'm a developer.

Forstall, sorry guys but since he's been with Apple it has been chaos. Too big of an ego. The claim to fame for iDevices and iOS lies with Ive and Jobs, Forstall took undo credit and caused more strife after Jobs' passing. Once Jobs was [sadly] gone, Forstall's department was slowly put into motion.

Ive and the rest will fair much better with H.I.'s. For the first time since "Leopard/Snow Leopard", I'm looking forward to what's next in Apple's OS's.

iRCL

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

One day before the launch of the iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad, Apple has just released iOS 6.0.1. The update had been reported to be in carrier testing two weeks ago.iPhone 5 users updating from their devices are required to first install an "updater" application to fix a bug that would otherwise prevent over-the-air updates. Once the updater has been applied users can download iOS 6.0.1 from their devices.

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 6.0.1 with Fixes for Keyboard Screen Glitch, Camera Flash Issues, and More

WTF this 'Updater App' is now yet another un-deleteable app stuck on my device? Talk about clumsy

simmo0916

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012
South Wales
Downloading now...

To be honest I havent really noticed any problems (apart from the app store always crashing).

I will give it a few days before passing judgement or commenting on it. Its only fair after all.

eloscurosecreto

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2010
I could have sworn that MacRumors just posted that Apple was testing this update a couple of days ago... Anyways, I'll wait, might as well since I don't have power [Hurricane Sandy Aftermath - NYC Area]

omg better battery life instantly.

had to.

:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.