Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qtx43

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2007
WTF this 'Updater App' is now yet another un-deleteable app stuck on my device? Talk about clumsy
Are you saying you can,t delete it, or are you just assuming the worst? I'd be very surprised if you can't delete it, though it'd be nice for some to confirm that they did delete it afterwards.

Edit: nvm, someone else already posted that it is deleted. Should've read more carefully.

jam3andy

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2010
Exchange push mail problem addressed?

Sure hope so. Never know when it's going to stop and then start with iOS6 and iPhone5.

powaking

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
I have experienced the glitch in the keyboard, thought it was my phone glad to see its just a software bug.

I find it interesting that the update app can interact with the system. It would be funny if that update app had a vulnerability.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
so the iPad mini and iPad 4 are shipping with iOS 6.0 and the first thing people will see tomorrow when they go to sync there is an update available? :confused:

valkraider

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2004
none of those things applied to me lol.

For every bug fix listed in the "press release" there could be 20 not listed. I know that this release contains two bug fixes which I had bug reports on - but they are not interesting enough to put in a press release. I can't share details due to NDA, however it is safe to assume that if I know of a couple, that there are probably hundreds of others as well...

Lots of bugs are just not exciting and therefore just get fixed and released in updates.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Woot! Its time for that 6.0.1 iPhone 5 jailbreak next month! :) Thank you, Apple.

drewc1138

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
Anyone else notice the gears in the OTA update menu now move while the update is downloading...?

I was about to say that it had been that way for a while, but then I remembered that was in the beta, so this is the first experience for most users. Cool. :)

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
After countless times of restoring my iPhone, the battery problems are finally gone. I'm reluctant to install any kind of update as long as my phone doesn't have any issues (iPhone 4).

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
I doubt it given the release notes, but it would be great if this release fixes the usability issues, notably:

1. Sorting in Notes
2. Sorting in Reminders

magicbrain

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
jailbreak

seem that updater app is an open door invitation for jailbreakers :)

as in, do not update if you want to jb in the near future (just a speculation)

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
For every bug fix listed in the "press release" there could be 20 not listed. I know that this release contains two bug fixes which I had bug reports on - but they are not interesting enough to put in a press release. I can't share details due to NDA, however it is safe to assume that if I know of a couple, that there are probably hundreds of others as well...

Lots of bugs are just not exciting and therefore just get fixed and released in updates.

I did not know that kind sir.

But thanks for sharing.

Srsly didn't know that.

sdm1985

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
After countless times of restoring my iPhone, the battery problems are finally gone. I'm reluctant to install any kind of update as long as my phone doesn't have any issues (iPhone 4).

How did you fix battery life and what are your stats now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.