Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spasticapple

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
Just updated and it made my phone so snappy that my battery went from 100% to 1% in 5 minutes while trying to browse Safari which kept crashing. I smell a lawsuit. Steve is rolling in his grave. Avoid. Apple is done for.

:rolleyes:

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
How did you fix battery life and what are your stats now?
Restoring about 20 times and deleting/adding e-mail accounts and iCloud over and over. I'm pretty sure my problems were caused by e-mail accounts or iCloud.

Stats? Well, with normale usage I make it to the end of the day easily.

The Phazer

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
London, UK
seem that updater app is an open door invitation for jailbreakers :)

Agreed, I'm sure that they will find such a mechanism very interesting.

A patch to allow the patch to be installed. Sigh. How more Windows can you get?

I hope there are other, silent fixes. In particular the springboard crash while calling back issue and others that relate to battery life.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
did they bring back the cloud icons and single delete of songs from itunes match? kinda doubt it as apple calls that mess a feature of iOS6 *sigh*

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
No battery fix, no fix for me using 2x cellular data doing the same things, no care.

Battery fix? What device do you have? My iPhone five has the best battery life I've ever seen on an iPhone (except maybe my 4 when it first came out).

malnar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
What exactly does this do now? I mean, I know before it ignored your preference to not use cellular data if you started downloading something on wifi and needed to leave that location (was very confused to find two completed albums a while later that I figured I'd have to download at work, looked it up and found out about this issue). Does it now only download over wifi? Removing the switch doesn't actually help the user know what's going to happen. Apple could do a better job informing their users what the heck these updates actually DO.

jon1987

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2011
I have a feeling that the next couple of months are going to be quite interesting, considering the management changes.

There has clearly been a few cock ups and gaffs lately, and the new guys in charge are going to want to clean things up quickly.

I would personally like to see more regular, albeit smaller upgrades to iOS. With so many iOS devices launched in the last couple of months, it would be nice to keeps things interesting during the time that no new releases are expected.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Mine installed fine, and didn't require a restart after downloading the iOS updater app.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
I thought skeuomorphism was going away?

That's not skeuomorphism. You should stop using that word and go back to being oblivious about it and quit acting like you care. Nobody even knew what the hell it was until it blew up a few months ago. Now everyone and their kids are experts. Give it a rest already. :rolleyes:

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
I thought skeuomorphism was going away?

That isn't skeuomorphism. Also, I think it would take Apple more than 2 days to implement any UI change...

Any changes to the UI will happen in iOS 7.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
did they bring back the cloud icons and single delete of songs from itunes match? kinda doubt it as apple calls that mess a feature of iOS6 *sigh*

Man I hope so.

That change ruined iTunes Match for me. There's no way to go through a playlist or album and quickly download a bunch of individual songs. And like you said, no way to delete individual songs either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.