Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gatearray

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
WTF this 'Updater App' is now yet another un-deleteable app stuck on my device? Talk about clumsy

I dunno, mine went away automatically once the 6.01 update was finished.

Also, the little spinning gears animation has been around since OTA updates first arrived on iOS 5, for anyone who cares. :)

J.Dillinger

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2010
Yeesh, if my wifi would only stay connected long enough to download the update...I really, really hope this patch fixes the wifi issues so I can get my battery life back.

hppy29

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2007
Essex, UK
Updated ok here in the uk. Got a naff text off O2 after saying I may need help with mms and wap settings please cal ..... But it all worked fine.

munkery

macrumors 68020
Dec 18, 2006

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 3,010

moobatticus

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2012
Still no fix for the Timer in the Clock app - anything over 1 hour 1 minute you get "h:1:01 a", only when under an hour does it function as you'd expect. (iPhone 4S)

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
For signal strength indicator:

Step 1: Open your "Phone App" from Springboard then dial this number *3001#12345#* and hit call.

Step 2: Now your iPhone will launch Field Test, you will notice that bars converted to numbers. This number is indication to your reception strength measured in decibels. The closer to "0" the "stronger" your signal.

Step 3: Now Press and hold Power button until the power slider appear, but DON'T POWER OFF.

Step 4: Press and hold Home button until Field Test program is terminated. You will find that signal strength numbers still there.
Now you are done!
You can toggle between signal bars and numbers by tap on signal strength at the top left of screen.

spasticapple

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
This didn't revert iTunes Match to how it was in iOS 5 to those asking. I figured it would be back by the time iOS 6.1 is released... or really hope so.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
App Store app is still a bit glitchy. It said I had 2 updates, but I opened it and the updates pane was blank. I had to go to the home screen, kill it with multitasking and re-open it to see the updates.

Other than that, smooth update so far. Maybe I can use 5GHz wireless at home now without issues!

EDIT: the app store problem isn't new. It was in 6.0 too. Just pointing out that it's not been fixed.

Neonblue

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2009
London
Half way through installing on my iPhone 5 the phone locked up, displayed the connect to iTunes screen and gave me the (-1) error code. Have had to do a restore...:mad:

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i wonder if iOS 6.0.1 does really ship with the iPad mini and iPad 4 because this happened to come out right before the launch tomorrow and it will save a lot of headaches of having to do a update already out of the box.

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
Does this update fix the "bad grammar" bug?
"- Fixes an issue that could cause [the] camera flash to not go off"

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
Anyone know if they notice any lag with tons on incoming iMessages? That was a huge bug as well.

I would get issues if I went to send a iMessage... then sent another one right after while the 1st one was still sending.. then it would just hang and say "Sending 1 of 2 messages"

And neither would send. Annoying

jps1012

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
NYC
For signal strength indicator:

Step 1: Open your "Phone App" from Springboard then dial this number *3001#12345#* and hit call.

Step 2: Now your iPhone will launch Field Test, you will notice that bars converted to numbers. This number is indication to your reception strength measured in decibels. The closer to "0" the "stronger" your signal.

Step 3: Now Press and hold Power button until the power slider appear, but DON'T POWER OFF.

Step 4: Press and hold Home button until Field Test program is terminated. You will find that signal strength numbers still there.
Now you are done!
You can toggle between signal bars and numbers by tap on signal strength at the top left of screen.
Will doing this cause any problems?

ASP272

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2004
Nashville, TN
Installed and already seeing an improvement

I just installed the 6.0.1 update on my iPhone 4 and immediately I noticed that my AT&T cell signal in my office jumped up to 3 bars. Until now, I've never seen it get past 1 bar of signal in my office. Nice! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.