Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Omacc

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2012
damn and its going to take up a gig of space i could of used for music... forstall or whatever his name is got me hot headed!

akbarali.ch

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2011
Mumbai (India)
why the hell it needs 750 MB free to install this small bug fix of 40MB?

Attachments

• IMG_1013.png
    IMG_1013.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 115

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
A lil off-topic, but still cracks me up. Love Forstall's expression. Priceless. (an update app for an update? SMH)

Attachments

• tumblr_mctdu82E711rk5dywo1_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mctdu82E711rk5dywo1_r1_1280.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 231

kingtj

macrumors 68030
Oct 23, 2003
Brunswick, MD
re: bug fixes

I'm sure this is true, but Apple should at least publish a tech note or "changes" document someplace listing ALL of these fixes. 99% of the other software developers out there do. I wouldn't bother listing it in the press releases or the summaries that pop up on-screen when you request the update -- but it doesn't make sense not to document them at all.

For every bug fix listed in the "press release" there could be 20 not listed. I know that this release contains two bug fixes which I had bug reports on - but they are not interesting enough to put in a press release. I can't share details due to NDA, however it is safe to assume that if I know of a couple, that there are probably hundreds of others as well...

Lots of bugs are just not exciting and therefore just get fixed and released in updates.

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
I'm sure this is true, but Apple should at least publish a tech note or "changes" document someplace listing ALL of these fixes. 99% of the other software developers out there do. I wouldn't bother listing it in the press releases or the summaries that pop up on-screen when you request the update -- but it doesn't make sense not to document them at all.

Agreed

Macinva

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
Downloading now...

To be honest I havent really noticed any problems (apart from the app store always crashing).

I will give it a few days before passing judgement or commenting on it. Its only fair after all.

How dare you use common sense and logic! :D

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
Facebook app has always sucked since I can remember it being released. For a company so big they sure do suck with their app.

Not trying to defend Apple or anything, but man that app has sucked lol.

Doesn't load, pictures don't upload. Says you have comments on a picture and go to the picture and they are no where to be found. Crashing ,etc.

SMacDuff

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2006
Stockholm, Sweden
Toasted my Facebook app that now just crashes constantly. Trying a re-install of the app to see if that fixes it. Cellular and Wifi working fine for those asking.

Edit: A reinstall does nothing. FB App is borked! No big loss!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.