Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ishimaru

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Los Angeles
It also looks like the seekbar in music.app is now constant. Where before, you could press on the album art to get it to disappear.

jwsmiths

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2006
The timing certainly is interesting. It seems like Apple usually reserves x.1.0 releases to coincide with an event or product release, which usually don't happen between November-January if I recall correctly.

Perhaps they are moving to a new cycle.

iPad 4/iPad mini - they may already have some 6.1 code in them and this will just bring all devices up to par

johnathon

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2011
Nitpick : The status bar does not change colors. It's always gray. It just happens to have a certain translucency which results in blending in the color from the lower CALayer.

That's not true. Objects that can tint the status bar conform to the UIStatusBarTinting protocol. Each UIWindow has an array of tint views. The current tint view is what's used by the UIApplication instance to physically tint the status bar.

CGagnon

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2007
Does it

Bring back google maps?
Remove the tacky colour changing status bars?
Fix or bring back the old app store?
Bring back the cloud icons and ability to delete individual songs in itunes match?
Remove the facebook & twitter icons scattered around ios even though I'm not signed into either service in settings?

Oh wow, a person crying about something they didn't like in a major software update--That never gets old! If you are going to complain about trivial things like "tacky colour changing status bars" maybe you should just write your own OS and make it just the way you like it.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
The album art on the 5 no longer looks out of position.

You sir have a fantastic taste in music. We toured with The Gathering in 2004 in the states, and a little secret for you, we're booking a tour in the states (East coast) in March 2013 with Anneke, her first time here solo. :D

blue rocket

Suspended
Jul 28, 2010
CT, USA
i swear to god, if someone says bring back google maps one more time i'm going to lose it.

Google Maps on iPhone SUCKED, it was AWFUL... no turn by turn, awful interface... it just plain sucked.

If Google Maps was what it is on a Android phone, then I can understand... but as it was... I can't see why anyone in their right mind would want it back.

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
i swear to god, if someone says bring back google maps one more time i'm going to lose it.

Google Maps on iPhone SUCKED, it was AWFUL... no turn by turn, awful interface... it just plain sucked.

If Google Maps was what it is on a Android phone, then I can understand... but as it was... I can't see why anyone in their right mind would want it back.

umad.gif

I find them pretty much the same. I don't have issues personally where I live with the new ones.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Does it

Bring back google maps?
Remove the tacky colour changing status bars?
Fix or bring back the old app store?
Bring back the cloud icons and ability to delete individual songs in itunes match?
Remove the facebook & twitter icons scattered around ios even though I'm not signed into either service in settings?

Actually, those are (some) legit questions, and I happen to agree. :)

blizaine

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2003
For those updating on iPhone 5. Apple doesn't show GSM or CDMA, they only have model numbers.

A1428 = GSM
A1429 = CDMA

----------

Totally agree. iOS6 maps is so much better.

----------

The album art on the 5 no longer looks out of position.

Much nicer Jony.

macfacts

macrumors 601
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron

The interface was designed and made by Apple. There was no turn by turn cause Apple didn't want to "pay" Google for that feature. I say "pay" cause Google didn't even want money, just credit for the maps stuff or other preinstalled google apps.

"Sources tell AllThingsD that Google, for example, wanted more say in the iOS maps feature set. It wasn’t happy simply providing back-end data. It asked for in-app branding. Apple declined. It suggested adding Google Latitude. Again, Apple declined." (bold added by me)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.