Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lomak

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2009
I get the error, too

I have multiple updates 'ready' for me but generate the same error when I attempt

I am in the UK , also

Prallethrin

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2011
Depends on what you are doing. If I'm actually opening 150 tabs, then I don't mind Safari using 4GB.

I have like maybe 8-10 tabs open ... 2GB RAM. -_-

And this builds up over time - it's almost feels like a memory leak.

Safari should just purge the old's pages from RAM and keep it's memory usage under 1GB - 1GB at most or scale it with the number of tabs.

Firefox doesn't use that much RAM (FF is actually the most efficient with RAM I noticed), even Chrome doesn't use that much (more than FF but significantly less than Safari).

I have only 4GB of RAM. A web browser eating up half of it, leaving no free RAM, slowing stuff down (as the OS starts purging things out to HD) is not acceptable.

gborre

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Same error message for me as mentioned in this thread

(NSURLErrorDomain fejl -3001.)(102)

Neither of the 2 updates (Safari + iPhoto) is possible:(:(

boomer0001

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2011
Mine updated fine, and at this time seems to have fixed some issues with Retina displays flickering (gifs, new pages not loading correctly). I'll update if I'm wrong later, haven't had much time to use it and see.

But it does seems that safari is using less resources and is a but snappier.

The Bulge

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Up your ass.

Safari should just purge the old's pages from RAM and keep it's memory usage under 1GB - 1GB at most or scale it with the number of tabs.

Firefox doesn't use that much RAM (FF is actually the most efficient with RAM I noticed), even Chrome doesn't use that much (more than FF but significantly less than Safari).

I have only 4GB of RAM. A web browser eating up half of it, leaving no free RAM, slowing stuff down (as the OS starts purging things out to HD) is not acceptable.

You can find a specific set of web sites where your browser of choice starts using more RAM due to some bug or whatever reason.

I personally am using Safari since 2.0 version and have never had a single problem with it and biggest RAM usage i've seen was ~800 MB.

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012

You use AdBlock right?

It has a memory leak with Safari that causes the browser to just eat RAM over time. I solve it by restarting Safari every couple of days which seems to be the best compromise. The alternative is turning of AdBlock and I'd rather punch myself repeatedly in the face than do that.

Prallethrin

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2011
You use AdBlock right?

It has a memory leak with Safari that causes the browser to just eat RAM over time. I solve it by restarting Safari every couple of days which seems to be the best compromise. The alternative is turning of AdBlock and I'd rather punch myself repeatedly in the face than do that.

You are kidding me ...

/sigh

I will give it a shot ... when i can get Safari to update.

RenoGuy

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2012
Updates worked ok!

Having read the error comments here, and having a 2 day old TM Machine backup, I took a shot. I chose to install each update SEPARATELY....Safari, Raw Camera, I Photo etc. Have no idea if that was any answer but I also repaired permissions as well.

Preliminary tests show all (inc Safari) updates working fine on my Mid 2011, 21.5, 12 Gig, IMAC so far

As with the clear cache option (in developer menu of Safari), CCleaner shows that THAT cache clearing DOES NOT WORK and NEVER did in ML!

Luck to all!

jpmd

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2012
4 updates : ERROR

Now 4 updates are available: Safari, Aperture iPhoto and Camera Raw: same error message that all of you got... (... ERROR -3001). And it is not the first time with updates coming from the app store !

Rizzm

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2012
The lack of a unified search bar kept me from using safari before. Now it's the lack of tab icons. The icons on other browsers make for seemless tab navigation rather then constantly needing to read the text.

KiwiAdventure

Suspended
Dec 7, 2010
New Zealand
What's up with Apple. Their seems to be a lists of problems with new products. It's getting frustrating with updates and hardware problems

Seem to be getting worse in the last 12 months.

Cannot update because I have the same error as everyone else:confused:

nerdfighter

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2012
The solution right now is wait or direct download:
Code:
wcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/53/02/041-8081/2jwp4wjrwygtm4lc608qy4h0n4a9yyq37g/Safari6.0.2Mountain.pkg

munkery

macrumors 68020
Dec 18, 2006
Mountain Lion = error.

Lion = installed but dl periodically stalled for a few seconds from time to time; usually dl is smooth.

Sorry, but Chrome > Safari

Chrome has weak protected storage.

Safari uses Keychain.

BTW, this update fixes a webkit vulnerability that was used to fully exploit Chrome running on Windows 7 but wasn't exploited in Safari running on Mac OS X.

http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2012-5112

----------

You use AdBlock right?

Ever try GlimmerBlocker?

It is a local host filtering proxy.

It isn't as flexible as ad block in terms of per ad per page filtering control.

But, it is system wide, updates filters automatically, and increases browser performance rather than impose on performance.

Last edited:

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
Can't believe I still can't download it yet, It's been a few hours since release.. I'm getting the same error..

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
I got the same Error (102), I closed the App store and launched it again and it finally installed. I seriously not liking everything being updated through the app store because this has not been the first time I have gotten strange errors. Apple seriously needs to update the app store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.