Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
So much for the fools who claim that the price is too high.

Apple is sold out with huge lines forming in every part of the world. If all that Apple cared about was profits, they could have priced it at $429 and made a killing. but the low price proves that Apple cares mostly about the User Experience and that profits just magically happen to appear due to their customer-first attitude.

People wake up and go to work at Apple every day because they want to make others happy. They do not do it to make a paycheck. The do it to Change The World into a better place for other people.

But the Googley Fandroids will deny it because they hate Apple, and because they hate every single person who owns even one Apple product. They all just live in their parent's basement and spend all of their time changing screen savers on their Android devices. So sad.

People who own Apple products buy them to actually do real work, and NOT to just play with them or to fight the OS to try to get rid of all the malware.

gus127

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2012
Texas

Apple is sold out with huge lines forming in every part of the world. If all that Apple cared about was profits, they could have priced it at $429 and made a killing. but the low price proves that Apple cares mostly about the User Experience and that profits just magically happen to appear due to their customer-first attitude.

People wake up and go to work at Apple every day because they want to make others happy. They do not do it to make a paycheck. The do it to Change The World into a better place for other people.

But the Googley Fandroids will deny it because they hate Apple, and because they hate every single person who owns even one Apple product. They all just live in their parent's basement and spend all of their time changing screen savers on their Android devices. So sad.

People who own Apple products buy them to actually do real work, and NOT to just play with them or to fight the OS to try to get rid of all the malware.

You sir, are going places

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
This probably needs editing.
Of cause. MacRumors of recent is having mistakes all over the place. The rush rush to have every "oohhh one more person has X apple product" articles is killing the over article quality, content wise and QA wise.

Apple is all about quality over quantity. MacRumors should take the hint and do the same.

robertosh

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2011
Switzerland
que-bien-eh-1eb4a0a.gif

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2005
It probably will help iPad mini sales to know thy here in Nz, the price ofthe mini is very similar to the iPod touch.

Unlike in US, where the difference is $30 (pretax), which would equate to an over NZ$40 difference, the iPad mini in NZ is only N$20 more expensive. This is about US$15 (after tax).

BenjipNZ

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2007
He's a bit of a babe for sure. I think I would've been one of the first too - bought mine at about 8:01 AM from JB Hi-Fi in St Lukes (Auckland).

Loving it!! Have already used it probably more than I ever used my retina iPad.

herbapou

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2011
I'm thinking that people will be able to walk in and get what they want without too much hassle tomorrow. I just can't see long lines for this release.

Still, the iphone 5 was available all day at the Montreal Apple store, but after that day it sold out and it is still sold out.

I think if you really want the mini you better go to a store tomorrow and get it, especially if there are no lines. This will be sold out in a few days if not on the same day. Some college at work are already planning to give this to there teens for Christmas, I told them to go get it tomorrow, but then again, we work 1 block from the Apple store.

Last edited:

Constable Odo

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2008

I often wonder if companies such as BMW, Mercedes or Porsche have the same types of haters who are always yelling that their prices are too high. I never really questioned those cars pricing structure. If I could afford them, I would buy them. I don't have any malice toward those who own those vehicles. I certainly wouldn't stand outside of their showrooms griping and screaming that they should lower their prices. It would sort of defeat the purpose of becoming an owner of one. I always figured if you wanted something that's more expensive, just work for it and earn what was necessary to buy it. What's the point of sulking and crying that it's priced too high.

Why Apple seems to be a target of jealousy in the industry really seems rather strange to me. Their products seem to be priced reasonably enough for the average consumer to afford and should easily hold up for a few years to amortize the initial cost. I honestly don't understand Wall Street's partiality for cheaper products if it tends to lower the quality of the device. What's so great about selling or owning quickly disposable goods? Is it because rapid product turnover earns a company more money they should purposely build products that have a shorter lifespan?

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland

What the hell happened there? You were making a cogent point until that paragraph. Such fruity language ought to be left to Apple's Marketing/BS department.

Being serious for a minute, everyone goes to work for the paycheck. The change the world bollocks is nonsense. I love Apple's gear, but that spiel is as transparent as any other crap you hear from any other company.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011

I read this post from you and shed a tear for humanity. I now understand the terrm "iSheep".

ArchAndroid

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
London, England

I usually refrain from using profanities but for you, my good sir, I will make an exception: B*******!

Firstly, this is being typed from a MacBook Pro and I own a Galaxy S2, I have no allegiance to either Google or Apple, I choose what best suits me. The MBP is the most durable thin laptop I've ever seen so I bought it as I used to cycle to uni.

Secondly, the part about Apple trying to change the world and there being lines across the world. There are more Apple Stores in California alone (52) than the continents of Australia (17), Asia (15), Africa (0) and South America (0) combined. 38 million Californians have 52 stores between them; 5 billion 322 million citizens (approx three quarters of the worlds population) of Australia, Asia, Africa and South America share 32 Apple Stores between them.

applestore.jpg

The reason why Apple keeps selling out is because they target the places with higher earnings and higher disposable income, Europe and North America. 5 out of every 8 stores in in America. USA is not a microcosm of the world.

Get a grip, iGrip.

Last edited:

herbapou

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2011
I often wonder if companies such as BMW, Mercedes or Porsche have the same types of haters who are always yelling that their prices are too high. I never really questioned those cars pricing structure. If I could afford them, I would buy them. I don't have any malice toward those who own those vehicles. I certainly wouldn't stand outside of their showrooms griping and screaming that they should lower their prices. It would sort of defeat the purpose of becoming an owner of one. I always figured if you wanted something that's more expensive, just work for it and earn what was necessary to buy it. What's the point of sulking and crying that it's priced too high.

Why Apple seems to be a target of jealousy in the industry really seems rather strange to me. Their products seem to be priced reasonably enough for the average consumer to afford and should easily hold up for a few years to amortize the initial cost. I honestly don't understand Wall Street's partiality for cheaper products if it tends to lower the quality of the device. What's so great about selling or owning quickly disposable goods? Is it because rapid product turnover earns a company more money they should purposely build products that have a shorter lifespan?

Android fans just can't compute that someone could possibly buy something without the best possible spec sheets at the lowest price. They don't care about the box, it could be made of cardboard or led.

They don't care either if the specs actually fits together or if there is a bottleneck on the specs. Cant you see, that PC has an nvidia 690 GTX, a 1000 watts power supply, 16 gigs on memory. Its used with a VGA screen to fill prescriptions at the drugstore and as a bonus it heats up the place in the winter but hey, its the best possible specs you can throw in the box.

ww1971

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2011
Exact date for the 4g / LTE version of new iPad

Remember the new iPads are being released on WIFI only, not 4g support yet.

Have Apple set the exact date for the 4g / LTE version of iPad yet? I know it's scheduled for release in mid to late November?

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
The guy in the photo is really cute...

I thought I was the only one that noticed that.

But, I'm sure he's <18. So, now I feel dirty.

----------

Oh hell no. I wouldn't. I've seen PLENTY about some of the people on here and this does not look like it would yield the best results. No way. I'll stick to Grindr for now.

But there's so many headless pictures on there. I'd rather see a face. The people on here aren't THAT bad. lol.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
I noticed Halo 4 in the background before the iPad. /shrug.

Halo 4? Goldeneye 64 or GTFO!
/kidding

----------

Maybe if we all report him for trolling, he'll just get banned by popular vote?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.