Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Yea, you just breath on the black iPhone 5 and you will have damage.
Wonder if the back would safer with a clear like screen protector on it before putting into the Lifeproof case?

How did you get it so fast?

I signed up for the Lifeproof update on the first or second day and still have not seen the purchase email. :(

Just be patient man, I signed up as soon as they put it on the website and got the purchase email on Tuesday. It's well worth the wait IMHO.

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS
Lifeproof just sent out emails breaking folks down into groups and listing when each group should receive their purchase email. So, they seem to be listening to their customer's frustrations. That's a good sign in my opinion. Thank God, I'm in Group A and should receive my email by 11/07. Hopefully that means the case will be in stock to ship out once I place my order.

sjc83

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2008
Cleveland
Lifeproof just sent out emails breaking folks down into groups and listing when each group should receive their purchase email. So, they seem to be listening to their customer's frustrations. That's a good sign in my opinion. Thank God, I'm in Group A and should receive my email by 11/07. Hopefully that means the case will be in stock to ship out once I place my order.

I got the same email, group A as well.

Does that mean we can order then on 11/7?

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS
I got the same email, group A as well.

Does that mean we can order then on 11/7?

I hope that means we should receive an email link to purchase between now and 11/07 (since the chart says "no later than"). I got my subscription confirmation email on 9/12 @ 2:27 PM (Central).

They seem to be doing this very fairly so I have to give that to them.

The Flying Kite

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2012
I'm in Group D, which means I have to wait until 11/21. I wonder if best buy will have any stock sooner? Or are they catering to the people who signed up to be notified first? Best buy's website says release date of 11/4, so I think I'm going to just order from there.

sjc83

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2008
Cleveland

I'm sure the link for group A is not unique and people will post it.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I'm sure Lifeproof shipped the majority of the first cases to Best Buy.
You can always order from Best Buy and see if they ship the case quicker. :)

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS
I'm sure the link for group A is not unique and people will post it.

There is no link for the groups. The email just breaks people down into groups to inform them of when to expect their individual email links to purchase.

If I weren't in Group A, I would definitely be taking my chances with Best Buy. I'm sure Lifeproof will not want to upset a major retailer by not sending out their product for a month while waiting on individual orders to be fulfilled on their website. That's just not good business. I'm willing to bet Best Buy will definitely be getting stock before individual Lifeproof website orders are fulfilled. The question is how much stock? I'd keep an eye out for these next week in stores too. I wouldn't be surprised to see them start popping up next week in stores if the BB online site says they will be available to ship on 11/04.

Last edited:

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
I just received an email letting me know I was in group "E"
It's a good thing my chances of buying this are extremely slim to none.

sjc83

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2008
Cleveland
There is no link for the groups. The email just breaks people down into groups to inform them of when to expect their individual email links to purchase.

If I weren't in Group A, I would definitely be taking my chances with Best Buy. I'm sure Lifeproof will not want to upset a major retailer by not sending out their product for a month while waiting on individual orders to be fulfilled on their website. That's just not good business. I'm willing to bet Best Buy will definitely be getting stock before individual Lifeproof website orders are fulfilled. The question is how much stock? I'd keep an eye out for these next week in stores too. I wouldn't be surprised to see them start popping up next week in stores if the BB online site says they will be available to ship on 11/04.

Like I said I am in group A, I'm sure people will share the link to buy it.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
The links will be unique, they said so in the last email.

I'll sell my group B link for a few bucks, to those who are addicted to gadgets and can't wait. :-D

ncstatered21

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010

I preordered on Best Buy and my expected delivery is 11/4-11/6. I hope they don't email me and tell me they don't have the available stock :( I've never had a Lifeproof case so I'm pretty excited about this.

Macguy76

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
Texas
According to Best Buy's mobile App, the Case is available on 11/4/12-Sunday. Looks like I will walk in and pick one up then! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351822224.052644.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351822234.483174.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351822234.483174.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 2,978
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351822250.783806.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351822250.783806.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 180

romeo.xk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
Any chance of some pics with the dock cover open, from a couple of different angles?

Just trying to work out if it would work with the dock in my car.

This is the same reason why I might not get this case even tho I've been waiting for a while now, it sure looks to me like it could scratch the coating on the phone, even if there is no noticeable play, there is friction.

ncstatered21

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010
This is the same reason why I might not get this case even tho I've been waiting for a while now, it sure looks to me like it could scratch the coating on the phone, even if there is no noticeable play, there is friction.

My Otterbox has a bit of play in it (why I'm getting Lifeproof) and I have noticed no damage to my iP5 coating. Only way you will get damage is if it has friction against a sharp edge. Which obviously wont happen. I think the LP case will hold it extremely well.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Don't know about that, it is kinda snug in the case, there is no play in the case for it to shift. But who knows what a few months of use could do.

How tight is it to get into the case?
Does it slide into the front part easy?
Thanks.

Biff...

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
Sherman Oaks, CA.
My Otterbox has a bit of play in it (why I'm getting Lifeproof) and I have noticed no damage to my iP5 coating. Only way you will get damage is if it has friction against a sharp edge. Which obviously wont happen. I think the LP case will hold it extremely well.

My defender had some play as well,contacted Otterbox and they are sending me a new back cover that will fix the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.