Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TableSyrup

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2012
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Updated to 6.0.1 and now, where the signal bars, carrier, and network icons are, it says Invalid SIM - notification center said "SIM Failure!"

Maybe nothing, rebooting and crossing fingers

Not 100% sure this is really noteworthy yet, and not freaking out ... yet ... but, anyone else see this???????

Last edited:

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Updated to 6.0.1 and now, where the signal bas, carrier, and network icons are, it says Invalid SIM - notification center said "SIM Failure!"

Maybe nothing, rebooting and crossing fingers

Not 100% sure this is really noteworthy yet, and not freaking out ... yet ... but, anyone else see this???????

Is your iPhone unlocked?

TableSyrup

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2012
Alright, well... took forever to boot, but it looks ok

Still weird though

Again, not sure it's noteworthy, but it happened and hopefully doesn't again.
Odd coincidence that the only time I've seen this is immediately following an update

Edited to answer: Phone is not unlocked

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
did this to my ipad.. just rebooted and it fixed it.

question. it about just as long to reboot as it did to type "Maybe nothing, rebooting and crossing fingers"

why not wait a few second to see if it fixes before hitting post?

TableSyrup

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2012
Has happened 4 times since my post and have a couple screen shots, also happened twice during calls

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 275

TableSyrup

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2012
Another, both from separate incidents

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 199

TableSyrup

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2012
And literally just now. And this time it recovered without reboot. What the crap. Apple store or sprint tomorrow. Lame. And immediately after attaching the pic, bang. Sim failure again. Good thing I'm on wifi

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 280

TableSyrup

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2012
Last one haaa. Seems odd. I think it's dang close to every 30 minutes exact. Gonna time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 146

TableSyrup

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2012
Sorry, was posting from my iP via WIFI and only let me post one at a time.

Yeah, seems to be a bad SIM

Only threw out as a precaution, in case it was OS related, appears not

(Sprint)

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas
FWIW, I had a bad AT&T nano SIM card. It went bad a out a week after launch. Went to the local AT&T store and they installed a new one with ease.

TableSyrup

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2012
Was your failure intermittent? Like, you could reboot and it would work a while?

Mine fails about every 17 to 20 minutes, consistently repeatable, as I'm trying to handle business calls.....:rolleyes:

I am a consultant, and also an owner of a small business.... more than a slight inconvenience....

Anyway, just gonna kill about 2 hours, $400 in billable hours, tomorrow going to deal with this.... oh well, is what it is.... just not sure if I should go to Apple or Sprint... maybe Apple is the best bet... will make the calls tomorrow

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas
Everything was fine the first week. It started to act up during the second week. At first, a simple reboot cured it. However, as the week progressed it started to happen on a daily basis. Then prior to installing the new nano SIM card, it would happened a few times during the day. As such, I didn't want to deal with this at an unopportune time. So, I had the said changed. It's been issue free for the past few weeks, now.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Well that sucks. Did you get it working?

What is that wood wallpaper you have? Cool looking. :)

kellte2

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2005
I had the exact same problem. Both Apple and Sprint gave me the runaround for about a week. Finding a new nano sim at a Sprint store fixed it. Apple Stores around me nearly laughed me out the door when I came in for a replacement Sprint sim.

Make sure you call it an ICCID card when calling around. Some employees with Sprint hear sim and immediately assume international, but this card is for LTE.

sixteen12

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2011
Had this exact issue. The phone thought it was locked to AT&T after the update. Took it to the Apple store, they saw the issue and gave me a new iphone 5. Had to resync all my apps and music but very pleasant experience otherwise.

Weird error though. Really shouldn't happen.

Docba

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
On Sprint here. After update my iPhone 5 now gives me the SIM error after about 20 minutes. Rediculous as it will be a couple of days before I can probably get this fixed.

TableSyrup

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2012
@erratikmind

Thanx, the business is extremely fun, and working with major networks such as MTV, and labels like Big Machine, Snoops camp LBC DPG, and others, are all surreal. (And I'm just part time in it, as a small business studio owner)

@Defender2010

1 Upped your comment. Hope life treats you well.

@itbeanew1

Obviously right? (What carrier you on?)

@Docba

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

I'll be in a genius bar appointment at 12:40 CST tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

I'll have em swap SIM, and if it still does it, phone, and if it still does it, I'll go back to 6.0.0 as it would then indicate an issue with 6.0.1 and Sprint?

Anyway. Boo. Lame.

Any other Sprint users that can chime in on a successful 6.0.1 upgrade? Or NOT?

Last edited:

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Wow, so it seems that Sprint has an issue with iOS 6.0.1 on their SIMs.

Just curious: if you take the SIM out, can you still use the network over CDMA?

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Everyone knows the order of blame is Apple then Carrier. I have Verizon I have no such issue about the SIM not being installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.