Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you enjoy playing this portable version of Need for Speed Most Wanted on the go?

• Total voters

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Georgia
Need For Speed Most Wanted is the latest stunning game to come from Firemonkeys studios along with Real Racing 3, and is being distributed by EA Mobile onto the iOS App Store and Google Play Store on October 30th. The development team have pedigree when it comes to making mobile car-racing games, and that expertise clearly shines in this game.

Need For Speed Most Wanted will feature a new physics-based collisions engine that makes impacts and crashes in the game seem unbelievably real, as well as producing very realistic visual damage to any vehicle that has been involved in an altercation or collided with any aspect of the gaming environment. The excitement and adrenaline level of mobile gaming has also been raised with the inclusion of exciting police takedown scenes and having the ability to control real-world vehicles throughout the game which is something that I really enjoy about the Need for Speed series.

You can expect to get behind the wheel of the powerful Dodge Challenger SRT8 392, the Porsche 911 Carrera S or even a gorgeous Maserati Gran Turismo MC Stradale as Firemonkeys have worked hard to bring a realistic gaming experience to the palms of our hands. The realism doesn’t end with the vehicles, and one of the most appealing aspects of the game. There is an immediate reaction that the vehicles have to the environment, and other cars on the track. Damage appears to occur instantly upon collision with bumpers hanging off and sparks flying as cars overturn and hit the walls.

Expected to release October 30, 2012 for: iPhone 4, 4s, and 5 - iPad 2, 3, and 4 - iPad Mini - iPod Touch 4 and 5

Thanks To:
http://www.redmondpie.com/need-for-...ics-and-gameplay-look-stunning-as-ever-video/

Visit My Other Forum For:
Real Racing 3
https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16124216

Attachments

• nfsmw_mobile_pr_01.jpg
    nfsmw_mobile_pr_01.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 1,951
  • NFS_E3_13.jpg
    NFS_E3_13.jpg
    501.3 KB · Views: 978
  • mw-mobile4.jpg
    mw-mobile4.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 1,754
  • mw-mobile3.jpg
    mw-mobile3.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,542
  • nfse318jpg-5f30c6_640w.jpg
    nfse318jpg-5f30c6_640w.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 1,341
Last edited:

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Georgia
Need for Speed Most Wanted Now Available on iOS

EA’s long-awaited racing game for iOS, Need for Speed Most Wanted is now available in the App Store for download. Available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, Need for Speed Most Wanted brings console level graphics and high quality gamplay for iOS racers. Just like the console version of the game, Need for Speed most wanted features a gameplay in which you not only have to compete with rivals but also the cop who are out their to bust you up. You need to evade the police as well as win races to advance in the career mode.

Need for Speed Most Wanted features hot cars that include SRT Viper GTS, Porche 911, Carrera S, Hummber H1 Alpha and many more. The game also features online Wanted List, through which users can find out who among their friends is the most wanted accross iOS and other platforms by signing into EA’s Origin.

EA has added two ways to steer in the game. Users can choose between the touch controls or the tilt-to-steer controls. EA’s Need for Speed Most Wanted or NFS MW features over 35 cars that can be enhanced by using modifications and visual customizations. Users can earn speed points to unlock new cars as they progress in the career mode. The graphics Need for Speed Most Wanted brings to the table are mind blowing. The game is optimized for Retina Display iPad as well as iPhone 5/iPod touch 5′s 4-inch display giving maximum graphical performance to the users.

According to game’s description page it is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, all iPads, iPod touch 3rd, 4th, and 5th generations.

You can download Need for Speed Most Wanted to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch for $6.99. It is available in select App Stores right now including New Zealand, and should become available in the US by 11:00pm tonight.
(10-29-12)

Attachments

• cf41eee5f64d.png
    cf41eee5f64d.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 601
  • 69cd013181ed.png
    69cd013181ed.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 330
  • need_for_speed_most_wanted_1.jpg
    need_for_speed_most_wanted_1.jpg
    453.1 KB · Views: 7,241
  • 3bffe88e945e.png
    3bffe88e945e.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,027
  • 87b87a0c48ec.png
    87b87a0c48ec.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,875
Last edited:

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Georgia
Need for Speed Most Wanted for iOS Has Been Released!

The game we have been waiting for is finally here! Need for Speed Most Wanted for ios is not disappointing at all. The gameplay is fantastic, and the graphics are astounding! I can't wait to see how Real Racing 3 will compare to this!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/need-for-speed-most-wanted/id540925164?mt=8

Thank You Electronic Arts and Firemonkeys!

Attachments

• f8440e482523.jpg
    f8440e482523.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 370
  • 61863c3c11b9.jpg
    61863c3c11b9.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 314
  • nfsmw4.png
    nfsmw4.png
    3 MB · Views: 308
  • p_1352201173_1352201184.jpg
    p_1352201173_1352201184.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 246
  • need_for_speed_most_wanted_3.jpg
    need_for_speed_most_wanted_3.jpg
    468.4 KB · Views: 1,092

gopalji123

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2012
hiii

Need For Speed Most Wanted is the latest stunning game to come from Firemonkeys studios along with Real Racing 3, and is being distributed by EA Mobile onto the iOS App Store and Google Play Store on October 30th. The development team have pedigree when it comes to making mobile car-racing games, and that expertise clearly shines in this game.

Need For Speed Most Wanted will feature a new physics-based collisions engine that makes impacts and crashes in the game seem unbelievably real, as well as producing very realistic visual damage to any vehicle that has been involved in an altercation or collided with any aspect of the gaming environment. The excitement and adrenaline level of mobile gaming has also been raised with the inclusion of exciting police takedown scenes and having the ability to control real-world vehicles throughout the game which is something that I really enjoy about the Need for Speed series.

dainik bhasker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Georgia
Need for Speed Most Wanted On My iPad 2

I got the new Need for Speed game a few days ago for my iPad 2. The graphics are suprisingly fantastic on it! Here are some screen shots that I took while playing the game.

Attachments

• photo 7.PNG
    photo 7.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 345
  • photo 4.PNG
    photo 4.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 310
  • photo 8.PNG
    photo 8.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 352
  • photo 9.PNG
    photo 9.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 370
  • photo 2.PNG
    photo 2.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 344
Last edited:

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Georgia
Yes (Stick Controls)

You can change the setting from Tilt to Stick Controls in the settings menu.

* To do this, go to the starting page of the game where the map of all of the races is.

* Then in the bottom right hand corner, you will see a Settings tab; tap that.

* After that, you will see the "Controls" icon, and inside "Controls" it says (Tilt To Steer or Touch And Swipe Steer).

* If you want stick controls, then choose the "Touch And Swipe To Steer" icon; if you want tilt controls, then choose the "Tilt To Steer" icon.

Hopefully that answers your question, and you should be set! Let me know if you have anything else you would like to ask.

If anyone has any more questions at all related to this app, feel free to ask.

Attachments

• need-for-speed-most-wanted-ios-ve-android-de-2.jpg
    need-for-speed-most-wanted-ios-ve-android-de-2.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 580

julescilib

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2012
Canada
Quick question. I bought Borderlands yesterday but after booting it up and played for 2min I really don;t want it anymore. Is is possible to get refund or something if i contact apple? Really interested i this game if i could get refunde. :apple:

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Georgia
I Don't Know If That's Possible

You can try to call them to see if they will give you a refund, but I doubt they will. From now on, look up the game you want on YouTube, and watch someone playing it to see if you will like it. That's what I do, and it has helped me out a lot when trying to choose if I want a game or not.

riptide747

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
Quick question. I bought Borderlands yesterday but after booting it up and played for 2min I really don;t want it anymore. Is is possible to get refund or something if i contact apple? Really interested i this game if i could get refunde. :apple:

ALWAYS read reviews before buying. No such thing as an app refund.

----------

I seriously doubt it, but will EA incorporate free roam into NFS Most Wanted? I realize how big the file would be but people would sacrifice other apps to have free roam, its what makes NFSMW what it is.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Georgia
ALWAYS read reviews before buying. No such thing as an app refund.

----------

I seriously doubt it, but will EA incorporate free roam into NFS Most Wanted? I realize how big the file would be but people would sacrifice other apps to have free roam, its what makes NFSMW what it is.

I don't think that they will put freeroam in the Need For Speed Most Wanted iOS game, but I do think that they will put multiplayer in the next update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.