Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Not sure if you're trolling but...

So much for the fools who claim that the price is too high.

It is too high. And tomorrow in the U.S. there will be many "fools" spending more than what this iPad mini is worth. Sad really. Apple's turned their customers into zombies. "Must have Apple *drool*"

Tell me this iGrip, you're implying the iPad mini isn't over priced, right?

Ok let's compare the iPad mini to the Nexus 7:

==============================

CPU
iPad mini: dual core up to 1Ghz (can't find the exact speed)
Nexus 7: quad core 1.3Ghz

Winner: Nexus 7 - I know some will argue that the iPad mini's inferior display doesn't need a higher processor. Even if that were the case, they'd break even here.

RAM
iPad mini: 512MB
Nexus 7: 1GB

Winner: Nexus 7

Display
iPad mini: 7.9"; 1024x768; 164ppi
Nexus 7: 7"; 1280x880; 216ppi

Winner: Depends. iPad mini screen is almost an inch larger but has less resolution and PPI. But since the Nexus 7 has more pixels and higher pixel density, I think the Nexus is the winner even if that means a loss of just under an inch.

Storage
iPad mini: starts at $329 for 16GB
Nexus 7: starts at $199 for 16GB or $249 for 32GB

Are you seeing a pattern here? The Nexus 7 beats the iPad mini in virtually every way. This isn't trolling, this is saying the facts. The only areas where the iPad mini beats the Nexus is that is has two cameras (front and rear) and a better, yet this is subjective, build quality. Now if those two features are worth at least an extra $80 to you, then go for it. But you will loose on the processing power, half the RAM, half the storage, and an inferior display (at least IMO).

And yes there will be those will argue for iOS and the apps. Apps are around 700,000 now for both Apple and Google. Apple's got the quality, yea, so if you wanna pay for that quality be my guest. For me the Play Store apps are great. Then there's iOS vs. Android. I put an equal value on those. People have their preferences, but I think it's ridiculous that Apple think they need to charge a premium to use iOS.

Apple is sold out with huge lines forming in every part of the world. If all that Apple cared about was profits, they could have priced it at $429 and made a killing. but the low price proves that Apple cares mostly about the User Experience and that profits just magically happen to appear due to their customer-first attitude.

LOL oh you are priceless. "If all that Apple cared about was profits, they could have priced it at $429 and made a killing." ALL companies care about making profit. Just some like to make more profit than others cause they've trained their customers well and they will buy ANYTHING with the :apple: on it. Apple could sell at a $100 ice cube to an Eskimo if they put the :apple: on it.

Why did Apple chose $329 and not $500 or $700 I don't know. But regardless anything over $249...maybe $299 is simply over priced.

Nobody said the iPad mini wasn't going to sell it out. In fact it WILL sell out tomorrow. That's obvious.

People wake up and go to work at Apple every day because they want to make others happy. They do not do it to make a paycheck. The do it to Change The World into a better place for other people.

Oh my you are a riot! LMAO! :D Yea they like what they do, but they don't love so much that they'd work for free.

But the Googley Fandroids will deny it because they hate Apple, and because they hate every single person who owns even one Apple product. They all just live in their parent's basement and spend all of their time changing screen savers on their Android devices. So sad.

Wow...dude you truly have no idea what you're saying. I like Apple and Google products so I'm neither an iFanBoy nor FanDroid. But I'm not afraid to point out when one has a product that isn't that great or is over priced.

People who own Apple products buy them to actually do real work, and NOT to just play with them or to fight the OS to try to get rid of all the malware.

Your comments sound VERY niave man. Open your eyes a bit. Apple's great, but they're not perfect. Same with Google and Android. It's ok to admit that.

Time to open your eyes dude! :eek: <- like that ;)

I hope you are trolling, because if you're that naive, then wow...just wow. :rolleyes:

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
GoldenEye 64, man. Those are some of my fondest memories. Makin' me feel all this nostalgia now.

The sad part is that it's not nostalgic at all for me. I've been trying to get an N64 for a long time, and I finally have one now that it's 2012 :cool:

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
I certainly wouldn't stand outside of their showrooms griping and screaming that they should lower their prices.

That's because you are an Apple kind of person. You have class. And taste.

You are a good person, unlike the horrible miscreants who own Android junk.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Not sure if you're trolling but...

It is too high. And tomorrow in the U.S. there will be many "fools" spending more than what this iPad mini is worth. Sad really. Apple's turned their customers into zombies. "Must have Apple *drool*"

Tell me this iGrip, you're implying the iPad mini isn't over priced, right?

Ok let's compare the iPad mini to the Nexus 7:

CPU
iPad mini: dual core up to 1Ghz (can't find the exact speed)
Nexus 7: quad core 1.3Ghz

Winner: Nexus 7 - I know some will argue that the iPad mini's inferior display doesn't need a higher processor. Even if that were the case, they'd break even here.

RAM
iPad mini: 512MB
Nexus 7: 1GB

Display
iPad mini: 7.9"; 1024x768; 164ppi
Nexus 7: 7"; 1280x880; 216ppi

Winner: Depends. iPad mini screen is almost an inch larger but has less resolution and PPI. But since the Nexus 7 has more pixels and higher pixel density, I think the Nexus is the winner even if that means a loss of just under an inch.

Storage
iPad mini: starts at $329 for 16GB
Nexus 7: starts at $199 for 16GB or $249 for 32GB

As usual, it's good hardware with bad software that makes the good hardware useless. It reminds me of Crestron, Lutron, Dell, etc. And really, who needs >256MB of RAM and a dual-core 1GHz processor on a tablet??? Also, there's more to hardware than specs; the iPad mini has some hardware advantages that actually matter. The worse screen and lower storage are the only disappointments.

----------

That's because you are an Apple kind of person. You have class. And taste.

You are a good person, unlike the horrible miscreants who own Android junk.

Would you say that anyone who buys from Samsung is a fool?

Last edited:

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
LOL oh you are priceless. "If all that Apple cared about was profits, they could have priced it at $429 and made a killing." ALL companies care about making profit. Just some like to make more profit than others cause they've trained their customers well and they will buy ANYTHING with the :apple: on it. Apple could sell at a $100 ice cube to an Eskimo if they put the :apple: on it.

What Apple cares about is making great products for you and me. Period.

The profits are just a by-product of making great products. This is a well-established fact.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009

The profits are just a by-product of making great products. This is a well-established fact.

If they cared that much, my iMac G5 wouldn't suck major balls, and Apple would have sold it at 0 profit. It's really clear that you're trolling.

I.Love.Apple

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012

"Great products" in 2012 can not have 512MB RAM. Period.

nemaslov

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
San Francisco
Well I decided to get another regular iPad. Think the mini is overpriced so I'd rather go full tilt. I could see if it was retna and the faster chip but 249 to 299 tops for what they made here. My first ever real Apple disappointment

DVK916

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2006
The build quality of the Nexsus vs Mini is not subjective. The Mini is made from high quality aluminium, the nexsus 7 is made from cheap plastic. That isn't subjective, is a FACT.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
can we get this kid off the front page already? crist

Feeling a little

polls_pedobear_2207_64865_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

craigdmb

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2005
Just got mine

Got my white 16 Gig WiFi from JB Hi Fi this morning. Comparing this to the Nexus 7 well you cant. My nexus 7 is a week old, bought it because it was cheap. This ipad is so familiar and easy to use and feels literally half the weight of the nexus tablet. Loving it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.