Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shasta

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Upstate/Central NY
Anyone doing any better then August 2nd?

and any ideas on where this might ship from (Cali to NY is a long wait by ground :( )

Shasta

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
53399 said:
Status now says "Sent To Manufacturing". Makes sense, I upgraded the hard drive to 60GB. Still August 2 delivery though.

Same exact thing here too. Same status and date and same upgrade. I can't wait to get it!

Last edited by a moderator:

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2005
Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
ITASOR said:
Same exact thing here too. Same status and date and same upgrade. I can't wait to get it!

Mine will ship on.....August 2nd.

At least my printer shipped today, and my 60-gig iPod will ship later this week (tomorrow?).

If we're lucky they just threw the 2nd out there as a date they were sure they could ship them by. On the other hand...demand may be way ahead of supply... :rolleyes: :confused:

Oh well, good luck to us all!

Shasta

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Upstate/Central NY
Thanks for all the replies, it's good to know where things stand...

My 20 gig iPod shipped this evening, the only thing that sucks is that I will be going on vacation for the first part of next week, and that my summer job and apartment are an hour away from my home, where I had my stuff shipped (no permanent address up here :-\)

So yeah, stock 12" for me
Can't F'n wait!

Shasta

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Shasta said:
Thanks for all the replies, it's good to know where things stand...

My 20 gig iPod shipped this evening, the only thing that sucks is that I will be going on vacation for the first part of next week, and that my summer job and apartment are an hour away from my home, where I had my stuff shipped (no permanent address up here :-\)

So yeah, stock 12" for me
Can't F'n wait!

Shasta

Cool. Where in NY are your 2 locations?

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
Yep, i ordered mine, August 3rd.... bummer, oh well... I got 1-3 buisness days shipping so, that should cover up some time :eek:

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
lilstewart92 said:
Yep, i ordered mine, August 2nd.... bummer, oh well... I got 1-3 buisness days shipping so, that should cover up some time :eek:

Wait, which iBook did you order again. Sorry, my memory is failing. :eek: :rolleyes:

bbarnhart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2002
I got the 14" upgraded the HD to 100GB. On or before Aug 2nd is my ship date. I went with free shipping, so I'm hoping to get it before the 9th.

TaKashMoney

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2005
August 2nd for me as well.... Planning for 1gb of RAM... Does anyone think this is overkill or too little?

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
ITASOR said:
MINE JUST GOT DELIVERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Itasor, I assume you are getting the new one, right? I called and they are only discounting them $100. For $100, it seems to me a no brainer to take the new one especially since it has more built in RAM. The BT is a nice bonus too.

As far as the question on 1GB of RAM, seems about right to me for this config. Adding an extra 512MB is probably the perfect thing to do.

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
bbarnhart said:
I got the 14" upgraded the HD to 100GB. On or before Aug 2nd is my ship date. I went with free shipping, so I'm hoping to get it before the 9th.

Yikes. I went with the 80GB, but couldn't justify another $90 for the last 20GB (unless it had been 5400RPM).

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
tsk said:
So Itasor, I assume you are getting the new one, right? I called and they are only discounting them $100. For $100, it seems to me a no brainer to take the new one especially since it has more built in RAM. The BT is a nice bonus too.

As far as the question on 1GB of RAM, seems about right to me for this config. Adding an extra 512MB is probably the perfect thing to do.

Yeah, I had a choice, but $100 for faster processor, native scrolling, SMS, BT, newer hardware, and bragging rights was enough to justify the extra. I also paid $50 for the 60GB.

sheaitisnotso

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2005
I've ordered the 12" with 80 gigs as well and i'm seeing August 2nd. Too bad i'm gonna be out of town from August 1st to the 4th. I'm gonna be so excited to get back. This is my first mac since the growing up with the Apple IIGS. So excited to make the switch.

Yossarian

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2005
I ordered the standard one from the UK apple store and my status is "Shipped" :D (it was sitting on 02/08 for about 24 hours then changed).

It says:

Carrier : Kuhne & Nagel Spedition s.a r.
Tracking Number(s) :

I tried that tracking number on their site but it didnt work. Am i right in thinking that its with Kuhne & Nagel in a bulk shipment thats heading to Europe/UK?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.