Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asarway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
I ordered the iPad mini 64gb-cellular black/slate and it says ship mid November...What is mid november??? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Mid-November to me would indicate the 15th-20th, but I could be wrong and Apple could be completely different.

emgoodman

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011
Most pre-orders for the Mini and 4th gen originally listed Nob. 23 or 26th as ship dates. When Apple changed all of these to mid November the writers all thought this was a bad thing and that the ship dates had slipped. To me, if the actually ship dates were likely to be later than that than Apple wouldn't say "mid-November." They try to under promise and then over deliver. I can't believe they would tell buyers "mid-November" (which to me means between the 2nd-3rd weeks) and then not ship to much later in the month.

temna

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2008
Mid November my patootie!

Mid-November? I got mine in at 1:03 local time (two minutes into the presale), and mine says shipping late November! This is rediculous that I will have to probably wait a full month from the WiFi's release to get mine just because I want cellular. Apple needs to sort out their supply chain, I can't see there being a real decent excuse for this delay. If I'm willing to pay for it, I should be in the same queue as the wifi buyers! :(

Spungoflex

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2012
Mid-November? I got mine in at 1:03 local time (two minutes into the presale), and mine says shipping late November! This is rediculous that I will have to probably wait a full month from the WiFi's release to get mine just because I want cellular. Apple needs to sort out their supply chain, I can't see there being a real decent excuse for this delay. If I'm willing to pay for it, I should be in the same queue as the wifi buyers! :(

You knew before you ordered that it wouldn't be ready until mid-november. I'm willing to pay for the mini 2 with retina, but that's not ready yet either.

temna

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2008
You knew before you ordered that it wouldn't be ready until mid-november. I'm willing to pay for the mini 2 with retina, but that's not ready yet either.

Did you miss where I said it's telling me LATE November? Plus, did you miss where I said they shouldn't have split the release like this? Newbies!

reputationZed

macrumors 65816
IIRC the ships by date has always been mid November. For a number of days the delivers by date was 23 November, but the delivers by date has now disappeared. There are a couple of posts on this forum indicating Apple dropped the delivers by date out of concern that Sandra may have jacked up FedEx's ability to deliver within their normal delivery times. We may see out mini's ship in mid November but with the Thanksgiving holiday and the chaos caused by Sandy may not see them until after the 23rd. In the post I read the OP was told by Apple that the delays would not be only on the east coast, that the storm had jacked up shipping schedules nation wide.

temna

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2008
IIRC the ships by date has always been mid November. For a number of days the delivers by date was 23 November, but the delivers by date has now disappeared. There are a couple of posts on this forum indicating Apple dropped the delivers by date out of concern that Sandra may have jacked up FedEx's ability to deliver within their normal delivery times. We may see out mini's ship in mid November but with the Thanksgiving holiday and the chaos caused by Sandy may not see them until after the 23rd. In the post I read the OP was told by Apple that the delays would not be only on the east coast, that the storm had jacked up shipping schedules nation wide.

Why is everyone saying mid November? Mine says ***LATE*** November.. And I was only two minutes into the presale.

L_A_T_E :(

jm5309

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2010

I feel the same way. I wish they'd release all of them at the same time. I know it's been this way for every iPad release, but it does take some of the fun out of it when you have to wait because you want cellular, which I always do.

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012

I am Eastern time here in the US. I ordered it Friday morning around 10:42 AM Eastern time and I got the "available to ship mid November". I did originally have Nov 23rd delivery date, but that has disappeared.

Txjole

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2008
They start shipping on the 16th (mid-Nov) all Apple releases are on Fridays. The status got changed because of the storm Sandy. If you have standard shipping and Sandy did not effect the shipping (no one knows yet) you should have it on the 23rd. If you got next day aiir you should have it on the 19th.

cang87

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
So except the deliveries, when do you think that Cellular iPad's will be available in the stores? 16th Nov. ?

Eragon

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2007
They start shipping on the 16th (mid-Nov) all Apple releases are on Fridays. The status got changed because of the storm Sandy. If you have standard shipping and Sandy did not effect the shipping (no one knows yet) you should have it on the 23rd. If you got next day aiir you should have it on the 19th.

Your post makes a lot of sense. I am really curious, though. New iPhones deliver on the release date. The iPad Mini WiFi delivers on the 11/2 release date. Is the 11/16 date not the release date for the cellular?

All we've been told is it ships around the middle of November. Something doesn't seem right.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
bummer. just called and the LTE versions won't come out until the 9th!! I'm surprised they still had the launch a week early. Usually they wait until they have all the models at the same time.

Apple is really just going after money....I want steve jobs back.

cang87

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
bummer. just called and the LTE versions won't come out until the 9th!! I'm surprised they still had the launch a week early. Usually they wait until they have all the models at the same time.

Apple is really just going after money....I want steve jobs back.

What do you mean with 9th? So is it going to be released on 9th Nov. or what? I mean from the Apple Stores?

asarway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
dates

i called and they said the 9th to the 14 but the dates we have so far are

9, 14, 16, 21,28 wich one is the most probable :confused:

cang87

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
i called and they said the 9th to the 14 but the dates we have so far are

9, 14, 16, 21,28 wich one is the most probable :confused:

The only thing concerning me is that they pushed up the delivery date of pre-ordered ones. Otherwise I would say 16th but now 21st is more possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.