Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maccompatible

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2012
Because Google Maps are not only very ACCURATE and provide very GOOD directions on foot and public transport.
Apple Maps are completely USELESS where I live, which happens to be one of the world's largest city.

Capitalizing and bolding random words doesn't prove anything. I'm pretty sure we can all read and pick out the important words. :)

retroneo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
For those updating on iPhone 5. Apple doesn't show GSM or CDMA, they only have model numbers.

A1428 = GSM
A1429 = CDMA

Incorrect, the vast majority of GSM customers around the world have the A1429 version.

AFAIK, only four carriers use the A1428 version. All GSM carriers outside North America use the A1429 version.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Incorrect, the vast majority of GSM customers around the world have the A1429 version.

AFAIK, only four carriers use the A1428 version. All GSM carriers outside North America use the A1429 version.

From what i read;
The A1428 model iPhone 5 is the Canadian and US AT&T network GSM iPhone,
The CDMA version of model A1429 works on Sprint's and Verizon's LTE networks in the US,

So being Verizon, A1429 is what I would want

djinn

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2003
My iPhone 5 updated successfully that isn't registered on any developer account. If that makes you angry feel free not to reply.

My phone got the update also. I'm not on a dev account either. Weird...

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
You should have tried out iOS 6 at the Apple Store before updating.

Sorry but this is a ridiculous thing to say. First off, you can't hardly test GPS and mapping viability in the store properly. I could go on but why bother. You are obviously content pointing the game at th user for upgrading and not the developer for launching the worst update in the history of iOS.

thisisdallas

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
Cupertino, CA
6.0.1 causes facebook to crash and no battery improvements?

Thanks apple you made it even worse..

i can't wait to see what you screw up in 6.1

My battery life is just fine, and who cares about facebook? Mine works on my phone with 6.0.1 and I still have not a single care to check it.

Rajani Isa

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2010
Rogue Valley, Oregon
It's unprofessional that a software update makes some apps unusable to some people? Interesting.

If it's anyone's fault, it's Facebook's. It's not Apple's responsibility to make sure it's updates work with all 3rd party programs.

Considering the only app that seems to have an issue is Facebook, why does that become Apple's fault?

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Apple never releases change lists for beta versions of iOS. Ever. And they never have.

Yes they did in previous betas.

Not really. This thread is about beta Apple software, specifically pertaining to iOS. iTunes 11 beta would be beta Apple software, specifically pertaining to iOS.

Yes really. You want to talk about iTunes 11, go into the correct section and join/create a thread. This is about iOS 6.1.....

ds2000

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2012
Because turn by turn is completely irrelevant on a map that doesn't know where anything IS.

FFS.

Been using it for the last month and its now night and day to when it was released. Obscure pubs/clubs in my town show up, the search is improved. I have zero need to go back to google maps other than there not being a maps.apple.com service.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
very pleased that apple declined those requirements.

I'm also in the camp that loves the apple maps. There are issues, sure, but it's a 1.0 product and i already use it far more than i used to use google ios maps. :apple:

+1

----------

Because turn by turn is completely irrelevant on a map that doesn't know where anything IS.

FFS.

Been using it for a month, every single day. Zero problems.

CyBeRino

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
From what i read;
The A1428 model iPhone 5 is the Canadian and US AT&T network GSM iPhone,
The CDMA version of model A1429 works on Sprint's and Verizon's LTE networks in the US,

So being Verizon, A1429 is what I would want

You are both correct.

A1428 is the AT&T version that supports AT&T's LTE bands.
A1429 comes in two versions; one for Verizon and Sprint (with CDMA enabled) and one for the rest of the world without.

All models have the same support for GSM and UMTS, they differ in LTE bands and whether or not CDMA is enabled.

SvP

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2009

You even got an uvote. I bet you didn't even check if others were having this issue. Its widespread and also happening on iOS5+ iOS6, etc.

But; i suggest you downgrade, and never upgrade again.

gto55

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
Tel Aviv
Are there any changes in the notifications center ?

Did they add some of the ideas provided by different designers ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.