Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

machobson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 19, 2005
Hey everyone,
On the weekend I will be replacing the PRAM battery with someone else who is a little more experienced than I am. I was wondering if any one knew of any websites that explain how to replace the PRAM battery in a Wallstreet Powerbook? I just wanted to brief myself on the procedure before it is done. I know that it is a very difficult procedure and that it is basically in the middle of the Powerbook. But it is the last resort, we have tried everything else there is. Any suggestions on websites or the procedure explained would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
I have two like this and two older iBooks. I don't bother replacing the PRAM battery and the machines work fine. The computers have their own main battery and apparently that maintains the PRAM. I virtually never actually shut the machines down. Usually I just let them dim or sleep at most, occassionally closing them to sleep. I wouldn't waste the money on the PRAM battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.