Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luist3k

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2011
What's wrong with Apple lately?

Every time I'm about to hit that Update button I feel fear.

Is Apple moving to the dark side? :apple::eek:

nsaamiller

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2012
Hangs on install

Get an error message to close Safari, but Safari is closed, as is everything else but the app store. Tried reload the app store window, open/close Safari, but don't really want to hard reset/reboot. Heck, this is exactly why I left MS. At least there was a task manager to kill processes.

Seriously? I just closed a Safari menu bar...no windows showing...and voila? Apparently I am just a noob. But should it be that arcane?

S

Last edited:

Shearwater

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
Leeds , West Yorkshire
Get an error message to close Safari, but Safari is closed, as is everything else but the app store. Tried reload the app store window, open/close Safari, but don't really want to hard reset/reboot. Heck, this is exactly why I left MS. At least there was a task manager to kill processes.

Seriously? I just closed a Safari menu bar...no windows showing...and voila? Apparently I am just a noob. But should it be that arcane?

S
Did you close Safari or quit Safari? You need to quit

JGRE

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Dutch Mountains
The lack of a unified search bar kept me from using safari before. Now it's the lack of tab icons. The icons on other browsers make for seemless tab navigation rather then constantly needing to read the text.

I agree, but not only for the tabs but also for the bookmarks. Why can we just ad an icon for a bookmark instead of stupid text? You would be able to place far more bookmarks than with tekst (only).

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
I agree, but not only for the tabs but also for the bookmarks. Why can we just ad an icon for a bookmark instead of stupid text? You would be able to place far more bookmarks than with tekst (only).

glims is the answer

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
I'm also unable to download this update.

Getting this error:
"The operation couldn’t be completed.
(NSURLErrorDomain error -3001.)(102)"

8z43zs.jpg

AdeFowler

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2004
England
Still getting the error here, though only for Safari. iPhoto downloaded without a problem. I'm told it is related to DNS but it seems strange that one would download but not the other.

Downloaded the standalone installer.

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
You can get the direct update link here :
swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/53/02/041-8081/2jwp4wjrwygtm4lc608qy4h0n4a9yyq37g/Safari6.0.2Mountain.pkg

Thank you for the link, this helped me install the update, since I was getting error installing update via App Store app.

----------

Same error message as others here. Can't download.

try this:

You can get the direct update link here :
swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/53/02/041-8081/2jwp4wjrwygtm4lc608qy4h0n4a9yyq37g/Safari6.0.2Mountain.pkg

----------

Seems like there should be underneath: "Well, not this time...":(

----------

Direct download link worked fine for me :) 3 mn and it was done .

3 mins? o_O you are on 56kb/s line ?:)

Last edited by a moderator:

gabochakal

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2012
Finder Don´t Show icons on Side Bar

Hi, I have a trouble, when I was trying to update to safari 6.0.2 and iPhoto update, I had a problem and then I can´t see the icons on sidebar in finder.

The Finder Don't show the icons! How can I do¿?

on preferences in finder everything is ok but I don´t see the icons on sidebar

Please Help me, g.mi@msn.com

MBP 13´´Late June 2012, Mountain Lion 10.8.2

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
The Digital Frontier
Hi, I have a trouble, when I was trying to update to safari 6.0.2 and iPhoto update, I had a problem and then I can´t see the icons on sidebar in finder.

The Finder Don't show the icons! How can I do¿?

on preferences in finder everything is ok but I don´t see the icons on sidebar

Please Help me, g.mi@msn.com

MBP 13´´Late June 2012, Mountain Lion 10.8.2

Ya I had that problem too. Simple solution, restart.

KimJongEun

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2012
Not working for me from the App Store either.

I'm in South Korea but I gather that it is happening everywhere. Oh well.

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
Any word on when the issue of updating from the Mac App Store will be resolved? I can't download it via the MAS here in Sweden.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
My resource utilization seems way down from the previous version, same browsing habits, typically 5-8 tabs, a few extensions.

:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.