Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

croooow

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2004
...If you kick a brick with your bare foot it will hurt. If you put your hand on a red hot stove you will get burned...

Thanks for the warning, I am ready for the weekend!!! ;)

----------

Oh, please, wise fashion guru... Tell me more. You seem like you lack confidence in your masculinity.

You should get together with 'everything-i' for some MacRumors.com forum psychoanalysis. :rolleyes:

And by the way, I am a woman, so I would hope I do not have too much masculinity:eek:

It makes me laugh how quickly someone will make a statement about something they know NOTHING about:rolleyes:. Opinions are one thing (I think Men look ridiculous wearing them, just what I think) but try to find out some facts before bashing someone. ;)

Last edited:

zenvision

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2006
London
android authority guy needs a slap.

i have nothing against these tests but this guy can't even drop something properly...it's the only thing he has to get right! prick.

add that to his generally obnoxious 'bro' behaviour and we have grade-a idiocy.

srourslaw

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2012
Singapore
This is the definition of stupidity

Really this is the most stupid test i have ever seen in my life :mad:, what do you think if something made of glass dropped down, what will happen to it :confused:

So please provide us a theory or a model that can support your model, unless go back to school :eek:.

----------

Instead of buying 3 tablets and damage it like that for just showing us how much this world full with idiots, go and give this money for the red-cross since your country needs help after sandy hurricane.

goinskiing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Meridian, ID
The Android Authority one's are not very controlled tests.

All handheld, varies in height between devices, even used the same device between some of the tests. Doesn't tell us much.

SquareTrade's is much more controlled. They have devices that reduce variability in height and how it's dropped and use a new device for each test. The face drop actually drops on the face, imagine that!

/ExperimentRant

croooow

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2004
The Android Authority one's are not very controlled tests.

All handheld, varies in height between devices, even used the same device between some of the tests. Doesn't tell us much.

SquareTrade's is much more controlled. They have devices that reduce variability in height and how it's dropped and use a new device for each test. The face drop actually drops on the face, imagine that!

/ExperimentRant

I think it is really just out there to be more of a "viral video" and less of a real "experiment" or "durability test"

I do have to give them credit, even when the Android device does not hold up as well as an Apple one, they do not try to hide it.

----------

instead of buying 3 tablets and damage it like that for just showing us how much this world full with idiots, go and give this money for the red-cross since your country needs help after sandy hurricane.

QFT :D

Kaibelf

Suspended
Apr 29, 2009
Silicon Valley, CA
When I see things like this, I feel like the people involved are idiots. Any non-ruggedized device breaks when dropped. It's just throwing money down the drain which, frankly, could be used to do a lot more good, such as providing relief for some people who just lost their homes in a hurricane.

4mat

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2008
I wonder how these guys would fair if they were put throu a drop test; On their heads, on their backs and in their faces. I'd watch that video

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
I don't get ****** drop tests. I just don't. These people think metal and glass will defy all rules of physics because it's made by Apple?? CRAZY! Not to mention whenever something drops, the environmental variables will not be the same. Hence, a different outcome.

What a waste of time, money and perfectly good internet bandwidth!

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
[/COLOR]Instead of buying 3 tablets and damage it like that for just showing us how much this world full with idiots, go and give this money for the red-cross since your country needs help after sandy hurricane.

the man can do whatever he likes with his money.

Go give your hard earned money to the red cross if thats what you want.

Old Muley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
Titletown USA
He could have at least tried to be a little scientific. For 3 different drops you need 3 of each of the devices, you already dropped them during the first round.:

Exactly! How can you determine what damage caused from drop 2, wasn't actually caused by drop 1? It wouldn't surprise me at all if they actually did the "dunk test" first then used the same devices for the drop tests- thus ruining only 3 devices instead of 6 (or 9). Controlling the variable of time (when the devices were dropped in relation to each other) is probably the least important, relative to everything else.

There were too many loose variables all the way around for this to be remotely valid for anything other than YouTube clicks.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
You don't need a Nexus 7 dunk test for it to be non responsive. It's android. LOL

AirThis

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2012
Most important test of all=Epic Victory. I'm buying one. Just because of this. Wonder if the 16GB survives better than the 32? The weight distribution might be different. ;)

XtraSmiley

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2006
Waiting for people to go buy new cars and run them into walls

You're jokeing right rever3nce? I mean, they do run brand new cars into walls, all the time and with every single new car.

EDIT: Seems I got beat to this one!

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
While I hate seeing this kind of test its good news the Mini is stronger and was still working, well worth the extra cash, now just get a cover to help protect it better!

OceanView

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2005
These so called "Tests" are a complete waste of resources.
We know the consequences of drops to the floor or in water.
Please stop with these tests!

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Oh no... Apple made a bo-bo.. (and what a Bo-bo.)

It cracks big.... Bet everyone will jump on this one.

I assume the glass is not as tough as it was then?

Mr Bigs

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2010
Bklyn N.Y
I'd like to meet the guy that wants to drop his expensive electronics... :)

My worst electronics fall was when I fumbled a Sharp MiniDisc player at the top of the stairs and watched in horror as it fell down the entire stairway, bouncing all along the way off the carpet.

Of course, this particular machine was built like a tank and survived completely unscathed. Whew!
That was an awesome player for its time,got it Christmas of '98

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.