Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
All that matters for whom? While that's true for some, others have higher expectations. They want more than just good enough, which I believe the Nexus 7 is. They want beautiful, thoughtful design, craftmanship, impeccable fit & finish and luxurious materials to go along with incredible build quality. That's why there's a market for companies like Rolex, Mercedes, B&B Italia and.... Apple.

lol you make it sound like Apple is actually expensive and only for the privileged white kid which it certainly isnt anymore. every noob walks around with an apple product nowadays. its no hermes or hublot

Last edited:

dynafrom

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
All that matters for whom? While that's true for some, others have higher expectations. They want more than just good enough, which I believe the Nexus 7 is. They want beautiful, thoughtful design, craftmanship, impeccable fit & finish and luxurious materials to go along with incredible build quality. That's why there's a market for companies like Rolex, Mercedes, B&B Italia and.... Apple.

Lol apple is not exclusive. I see POOR people walking around with apple products.

Get your elitist head out of your ass.

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
Not sure if you're trolling but...

It is too high. And tomorrow in the U.S. there will be many "fools" spending more than what this iPad mini is worth. Sad really. Apple's turned their customers into zombies. "Must have Apple *drool*"

Tell me this iGrip, you're implying the iPad mini isn't over priced, right?

Ok let's compare the iPad mini to the Nexus 7:

==============================

CPU
iPad mini: dual core up to 1Ghz (can't find the exact speed)
Nexus 7: quad core 1.3Ghz

Winner: Nexus 7 - I know some will argue that the iPad mini's inferior display doesn't need a higher processor. Even if that were the case, they'd break even here.

RAM
iPad mini: 512MB
Nexus 7: 1GB

Winner: Nexus 7

Display
iPad mini: 7.9"; 1024x768; 164ppi
Nexus 7: 7"; 1280x880; 216ppi

Winner: Depends. iPad mini screen is almost an inch larger but has less resolution and PPI. But since the Nexus 7 has more pixels and higher pixel density, I think the Nexus is the winner even if that means a loss of just under an inch.

Storage
iPad mini: starts at $329 for 16GB
Nexus 7: starts at $199 for 16GB or $249 for 32GB

Winner: Nexus 7

==============================

Are you seeing a pattern here? The Nexus 7 beats the iPad mini in virtually every way. This isn't trolling, this is saying the facts. The only areas where the iPad mini beats the Nexus is that is has two cameras (front and rear) and a better, yet this is subjective, build quality. Now if those two features are worth at least an extra $80 to you, then go for it. But you will loose on the processing power, half the RAM, half the storage, and an inferior display (at least IMO).

And yes there will be those will argue for iOS and the apps. Apps are around 700,000 now for both Apple and Google. Apple's got the quality, yea, so if you wanna pay for that quality be my guest. For me the Play Store apps are great. Then there's iOS vs. Android. I put an equal value on those. People have their preferences, but I think it's ridiculous that Apple think they need to charge a premium to use iOS.

LOL oh you are priceless. "If all that Apple cared about was profits, they could have priced it at $429 and made a killing." ALL companies care about making profit. Just some like to make more profit than others cause they've trained their customers well and they will buy ANYTHING with the :apple: on it. Apple could sell at a $100 ice cube to an Eskimo if they put the :apple: on it.

Why did Apple chose $329 and not $500 or $700 I don't know. But regardless anything over $249...maybe $299 is simply over priced.

Nobody said the iPad mini wasn't going to sell it out. In fact it WILL sell out tomorrow. That's obvious.

Oh my you are a riot! LMAO! :D Yea they like what they do, but they don't love so much that they'd work for free.

Wow...dude you truly have no idea what you're saying. I like Apple and Google products so I'm neither an iFanBoy nor FanDroid. But I'm not afraid to point out when one has a product that isn't that great or is over priced.

Your comments sound VERY niave man. Open your eyes a bit. Apple's great, but they're not perfect. Same with Google and Android. It's ok to admit that.

Time to open your eyes dude! :eek: <- like that ;)

I hope you are trolling, because if you're that naive, then wow...just wow. :rolleyes:

If it works better and runs smoother who cares what's under the hood? I think the only spec where users will notice a difference is the ppi. But they'll also notice the 35% larger display area on the mini, which will make web browsing more of a desktop-like experience as opposed to the Nexus 7's more smartphone-like web browsing experience. And, if the display quality is as good as Apple's recent product rollouts, users will appreciate the more accurate colors, less glare and less smudging thanks to the oleophobic coating.

The way some (more logical & tech savvy IMO) folks, would look at it is, why spend $200 for a smartphone experience when for only $130 more you can get a far better, richer and more engaging experience?

Based on all the reviews saying that the mini is the better buy, even at the higher price, it could be that the only naive ones are the ones comparing specs and not the overall experience.

----------

Lol apple is not exclusive. I see POOR people walking around with apple products.

Get your elitist head out of your ass.

Where in that post did I say Apple was exclusive? But they charge a premium like the other brands for the reasons I cited.

Get your reading comprehension-less head out of your ass.

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
major apple fail ... error on my sisters 4 on itunes bc theres obvs no itunes 11 yet

lol you make it sound like Apple is actually expensive and only for the privileged white kid which it certainly isnt anymore. every noob walks around with an apple product nowadays. its no hermes or hublot

No, the only ones making Apple sound expensive are all the folks complaining the mini (and Apple products in general) is over-priced. And if you missed my point entirely because I mentioned those other brands, look at it this way: the mjni currently sells for over 50% more than a Nexus 7 and Kindle FHD. If the mini were a car and selling for a 50% premium to the Camrys and Accords of the world, that'd put Apple in the same class as Mercedes.

dfinecy

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
wow hes really cute ill take him instead of the ipad lol ;) i oordered a black n white one just to see which one i like better lol

Can we please get this thread back on topic?

More cute smiley guy pics, please.

MacRumors may need to open a new forum specifically for single Mac enthusiasts to hook up and meet each other...I'm sure it'd beat the hell out of other dating sites :D:p

chriscrk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2011
Planet Earth (?)
Haha. Makes me wonder if he's actually seen this thread. I mean, his twitter feed shows a screen shot of MR.

A good chunk of this thread has turned into acknowledging this sexy beast. Lol. No one really saw the iPad.

Yeah I saw that! Surely he did see it, and got a major self-esteem boost :p

nemo1617

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
MacRumors may need to open a new forum specifically for single Mac enthusiasts to hook up and meet each other...I'm sure it'd beat the hell out of other dating sites :D:p

do u know how to put a pic of youreself on here like the lil square on the side im trying to figure it out but i cant ..... n yeah thats totally a good idea lol

mrobit

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
I don't see why people are excited about Halo 4. Reach was excellent, and a great way to end the series.

Reach was good, but it wasn't a good end to the series. Well.. rather, I should say, it wasn't a good end to the Master Chief. People are excited because the chief is the favorite video game character for a LOT of people.

Prime example: me. I've waited for this game for five years haha.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Can we please get this thread back on topic?

More cute smiley guy pics, please.

Haha. You should see his Instagram.

The creepy stalking ends now. Seriously. :eek:

Yeah I saw that! Surely he did see it, and got a major self-esteem boost :p

Check his Instagram.

----------

do u know how to put a pic of youreself on here like the lil square on the side im trying to figure it out but i cant ..... n yeah thats totally a good idea lol

i know right? alas, avatars require at least 500 posts. there's always a user pic that you can put in your profile.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.