Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
Two questions: when do you think the next gen is due next year?

I just read this morning that a new slimmer PS3 will be out in the next month or two. I don't think it's next gen, just a design change. I think the next version of XBox (and PS3 and Wii) are rumored to be out next year. It wouldn't surprise me if they come out in Sep/Oct so everyone can rush out and snag them for the holidays.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Thank's! I'll google that new Slim thing...

----------

I just read this morning that a new slimmer PS3 will be out in the next month or two.

ok found it..interesting saw that 500GB version with different design already at amazon available (for preorder I guess) but thought that would be too much for me..cool, now I know what to get for my B-day..thank's a lot! It's going to be released in October.

iHailCarlo

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2012
PS3, the games are just better in my opinion. Free online too, dont think i should have to pay to play after I bought the game and pay for the internet.

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
At this point I'd wait for the next line of next gens. Consoles are super old these days. Wait for something better. You've already waited why cave and by an outdated console?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
At this point I'd wait for the next line of next gens. Consoles are super old these days. Wait for something better. You've already waited why cave and by an outdated console?

Because it's all about the games. There were/are some amazing games this gen and these consoles are probably 1/3 the price of what their successors will be.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
PS3, good quality hardware & you also get one of the most advanced Blu Ray Players out there w/ 3D and all other whistles.

PhoenixMac

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2010
So I have decided I am picking up a 360 for the upcoming Halo 4 (I love the Halo series) and I have not gamed for the last 2 years. Should I pick up a refurbished unit or a used unit off of craigslist? I know there is a next gen coming but that is months away and why wait when I can have fun in the meantime and pick up the next gen when it releases as well.

What are some things I should check for that will let me know if the console is on its last legs if I pick up a used unit.

Thanks.

joeysarks

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
Detroit
So I have decided I am picking up a 360 for the upcoming Halo 4 (I love the Halo series) and I have not gamed for the last 2 years. Should I pick up a refurbished unit or a used unit off of craigslist? I know there is a next gen coming but that is months away and why wait when I can have fun in the meantime and pick up the next gen when it releases as well.

What are some things I should check for that will let me know if the console is on its last legs if I pick up a used unit.

Thanks.

YEAAH BOY! Halo 4 is gonna be huge, 6 more days! Xbox is a smart choice anyways. Good exclusives titles, early map packs for things like CoD, and frankly if you buy a year gold pass during black friday it's almost free to play these days:) Better controllers than PS3 too IMO, but my thumbs bump with em so im biased towards Xbox.

pommie82

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
uk
I had no option i had to sell my xbox because i couldn't afford to pay for the subs every year because i came out of work and i had to get ps3 because it was a lot cheaper.I do miss the xbox because the party chats were good and the gameplay seem to be better then the ps3 too things seem to run a little bit more smoother then the ps3 the chat functions on ps3 are very poor compared to the xbox sony really need to work on the chat functions and the party functions another things not very good about ps3 is that early morning time GMT sometimes you can struggle to get game and you either end up switching your ps3 off or find other game.With xbox i never struggled to get a game at all no matter what time of the day.

If you don't have money problem i would get xbox and enjoy the better gaming experience

if you broke and you don't have much money then i would go for a ps3 to save some money

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
Get both... Yeah I know it's stupid, I wish I could just have one machine that has every game possible, but both consoles have their great exclusive games and most multiplatform games are better on one or the other (like Skyrim is way better on 360, Assassin's Creed games usually has exclusive stuff on PS3 and so on). One thing to note is that Xbox Live Gold costs money to do the things you can do for free on PS3, and Playstation Plus costs money to give you access to a library of games on demand, which is infinitely better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.