Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msimpson

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
Lmao

Laughing at the spammer and trollers and whiners who doubted the guy. Well he posted the pictures all you losers wanted.

At least he has a life... unlike you.

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
Please can you let me know about the thumb-resting recognition capabilities?

I hear that when in portrait mode, iOS has been updated to ignore thumbs resting on the screen as the bezel is so thin you will likely be doing that, but don't want apps to respond.

I.e. if you launch the Kindle app, it would usually turn the page if you tap on the left/right side of the screen, or would highlight words if you hold a finger on the page. By this new method, in theory if you rest the thumb on the screen, nothing will happen. Is this the case?

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
iPad Mini story

Just left Wally World. Not only did they not have any iPad Minis but the folks back in electronics had no idea what they even were. I, actually pre ordered mine and got it today. I only stopped at Wally World to see if they had any cases. I was curious to see what they looked like. Anyway I asked them (all were right at the case with the iPad displays) if they had any iPad Mini cases. They looked clueless and said "what?". I repeated slowly, twice, iPad Mini cases. One of the girls, with her mouth hanging open, said "What's that?". I smiled and said "never mind" and walked out :p If they didn't know what an iPad Mini was, they certainly wouldn't know anything about cases for it.

----------

Just got in line at Walmart. It's 9 here. I say "in line" I'm the only person. They weren't expecting me.

Did they know what an iPad Mini was? ;)

opo101

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2008
Just left Wally World. Not only did they not have any iPad Minis but the folks back in electronics had no ideawhat they even were. I, actually pre ordered mine and got it today. I only stopped at Wally World to see if they had any cases. I was curious to see what they looked like. Anyway I asked them (all were right at the case with the iPad displays) if they had any iPad Mini cases. They looked clueless and said "what?". I repeated slowly, twice, iPad Mini cases. One of the girls, with her mouth hanging open, said "What's that?". I smiled and said "never mind" and walked out :p If they didn't know what an iPad Mini was, they certainly wouldn't know anything about cases for it.

----------

Did they know what an iPad Mini was? ;)

It's possible that they didn't think they had any because they didn't know about it!

identity

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Please can you let me know about the thumb-resting recognition capabilities?

I hear that when in portrait mode, iOS has been updated to ignore thumbs resting on the screen as the bezel is so thin you will likely be doing that, but don't want apps to respond.

I.e. if you launch the Kindle app, it would usually turn the page if you tap on the left/right side of the screen, or would highlight words if you hold a finger on the page. By this new method, in theory if you rest the thumb on the screen, nothing will happen. Is this the case?

I use the iBooks app and it does indeed work. I hold one thumb on the left side of the screen and it does nothing(doesn't turn the page back) and when I press on the right side with my other finger to turn the page, it turns.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.