Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Tried to get this working via wineskin but not having much luck. Has anyone else managed to get it to run? Really want to play this game!

The-Pro

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2010
Germany
Like 2 years ago a friend of mine gave me Need for Speed Underground 2 on a external HDD. It works perfectly, in ML aswell. The game is a mac port from the original so its not running through wineskin.
I dont know where he got it from.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,169

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
The game is a mac port from the original so its not running through wineskin.
NFS:U2 was never released for Mac so it must be running in a wrapper. If you dig around in the .app, you'll find the exe and files relating to Transgaming, Wineskin or crossover.

The-Pro

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2010
Germany
NFS:U2 was never released for Mac so it must be running in a wrapper. If you dig around in the .app, you'll find the exe and files relating to Transgaming, Wineskin or crossover.

Well its a port, running over cider i think. Like CoD Modern Warfare 2 thats available as a port aswell.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Like 2 years ago a friend of mine gave me Need for Speed Underground 2 on a external HDD. It works perfectly, in ML aswell. The game is a mac port from the original so its not running through wineskin.
I dont know where he got it from.

Well at least I know it will work! Can the resolution be changed and game patched?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.