Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Hi all,

When the vita version of Asassins Creed 3 was announced, I thought the big feature was that we could pick up the game on our ps3, play, switch to vita when on the road, etc. I also thought I remembered that you would not have to pay for both versions of the game to do this, but I'm searching online and I'm not finding much info confirming this. I'm obviously not going to pay for two copies. Help? Thanks!!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
They're two different games with different stories. Some games have cross-buy, cross-saves or whatever they're called, but not AC3. I believe they do connect together and unlock things in each others games too.

I'm planning on picking up both. Starting with the Vita version.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Oh... really? what am I missing? Was there some game that was announced that you'd get a free copy of one if you bought the other? I'm really looking forward to those... I travel a lot for work, but I'm also a gamer geek :D.

In any case, I guess I'll start w/ the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Oh... really? what am I missing? Was there some game that was announced that you'd get a free copy of one if you bought the other? I'm really looking forward to those... I travel a lot for work, but I'm also a gamer geek :D.

In any case, I guess I'll start w/ the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed.

Just a few games are planned so far; http://www.computerandvideogames.com/363019/playstation-cross-buy-announced-buy-a-ps3-game-get-the-vita-version-free/

Plus When Vikings Attack and my game!

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
To be honest, AC3L looks like it should be on everyone's 'to buy' list if you have a Vita.

Thinking about getting a Wii U for chrimbo so will pick AC3 up on that, lovely.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I picked up the vita version today and its an Assassin's Creed game through and through. I've noticed some pop ins and frame rate lag from time to time but its not hindering my experience.

It's fun so far and the female assassin is interesting.

Note: Also picked up Raganorok Odyssey as well but haven't tried it yet...nfs and ACL got me occupied for now.

Bless

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
I picked up the vita version today and its an Assassin's Creed game through and through. I've noticed some pop ins and frame rate lag from time to time but its not hindering my experience.

It's fun so far and the female assassin is interesting.

Note: Also picked up Raganorok Odyssey as well but haven't tried it yet...nfs and ACL got me occupied for now.

Bless

What are the story missions like?
Are the side quests worth bothering with?
How are the visuals, have you been stunned?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I've ordered liberation on vita myself. €49.99 in store, €45.00 on PSN and €35 on WOW an online retailer? Seriously I refuse to pay full retail or digital only prices these days..

May get A3 on WiiU dependent on how it stacks up.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
I've ordered liberation on vita myself. €49.99 in store, €45.00 on PSN and €35 on WOW an online retailer? Seriously I refuse to pay full retail or digital only prices these days..

I am thinking of buying it on Wii U too.
As for Liberation, I am having a tough time parting with £40 for it at the moment. Though it does look good. Do let us know what you think of it :)

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
I picked up AC3 on PS3 yesterday. It's funny that the game happens exactly on that day - and has to finish by December 21st, so need to beat the game before that time ^^ This might be a little bit spoilerishy, but I think the "prologue" to the game is way too long... You probably know what I'm talking about.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005

I bought it on PSN for Vita at full price. It's my first AC game too, not even sure why I wanted it :)
But it's ace so far (only an hour in). Just got AC3 for PS3 today because Liberation is so good.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
What are the story missions like?
Are the side quests worth bothering with?
How are the visuals, have you been stunned?

Almost just like the console missions except in liberation you have persona type mission(The player can put on different clothes to hide herself or get into places other persona can't: rich girl, slave girl and assassin) a neat little touch: if youre in your rich girl persona and go into a poor/slave neighborhood youre likely to get robbed :)

The visuals are great for a handheld game, there are frame rate problems and jags but it will not hinder your experience...its a good(open world I might add) game. My only fault with this game is the audio as it sounds muzzled:mad:

Don't go into this game expecting console level graphics because honestly that's ridiculous..IGN seems to like comparing vita games to PS3/X360 games then marking them down because the graphics don't compare...its unprofessional and stupid.

Bless

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
Almost just like the console missions except in liberation you have persona type mission(The player can put on different clothes to hide herself or get into places other persona can't: rich girl, slave girl and assassin) a neat little touch: if youre in your rich girl persona and go into a poor/slave neighborhood youre likely to get robbed :)

The visuals are great for a handheld game, there are frame rate problems and jags but it will not hinder your experience...its a good(open world I might add) game. My only fault with this game is the audio as it sounds muzzled:mad:

Don't go into this game expecting console level graphics because honestly that's ridiculous..IGN seems to like comparing vita games to PS3/X360 games then marking them down because the graphics don't compare...its unprofessional and stupid.

Bless
Brilliant. I appreciate your feedback. Sound like i am gonna have to pick this up then.

Now to blow the cob webs off my vita.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.