Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
My office WiFi runs all of our Apple devices but my new mini keeps loosing connection to my WiFi. Not only does it loose connection but when I reconnect, I have to keep putting in the password!

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Techwriter

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
I'm sorry you are having issues - very frustrating. Have you upgraded it to iOS 6.0.1? It includes "Improved Wifi Quality" as a bug fix.

More detail here:

https://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/0...d-screen-glitch-camera-flash-issues-and-more/

And a MacRumor's personal user experience here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1480255/

I guess there is a lot of discussion concerning wifi issues on the iPhone 5 MacRumors pages. You might search there if updating to iOS 6.0.1 doesn't work. I'm still waiting on UPS for my mini.

worldwearyeyes

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2005
Yes. And I can't upgrade to 6.0.1 because wifi keeps disconnecting. I am not, however, requested to enter my credentials each re-connect.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
My office WiFi runs all of our Apple devices but my new mini keeps loosing connection to my WiFi. Not only does it loose connection but when I reconnect, I have to keep putting in the password!

Any suggestions?

Thought I was the only one. I'm running latest software too.

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
Kind of here and I'm on 6.0.1 and its not losing signal it's just getting to 1 bar with my airport in the next room which is not normal.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
I'm not having any problems so far but check your router just in case

It works perfectly with my other two iPads and iMac, without flaw. Will see if it does the same with the home WiFi, if it does I will get it replaced. Has not done it in over an hour.

Really liking the little bugger!:p

----------

I'm sorry you are having issues - very frustrating. Have you upgraded it to iOS 6.0.1? It includes "Improved Wifi Quality" as a bug fix.

More detail here:

https://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/0...d-screen-glitch-camera-flash-issues-and-more/

And a MacRumor's personal user experience here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1480255/

I guess there is a lot of discussion concerning wifi issues on the iPhone 5 MacRumors pages. You might search there if updating to iOS 6.0.1 doesn't work. I'm still waiting on UPS for my mini.

Yes. And I can't upgrade to 6.0.1 because wifi keeps disconnecting. I am not, however, requested to enter my credentials each re-connect.

Thought I was the only one. I'm running latest software too.

One of the first things I did was to download the new software. It did with out disconnecting but then did while downloading my apps multiple times. This is what really puzzles me is that I have to keep typing in my password

Azmontana

macrumors regular
May 27, 2008
I am having issues with my iPad mini and I have upgraded to the latest OS.

Techwriter

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
Hmm. I'm still waiting on UPS. If it works out of the box, I will probably wait before updating. Thanks for the information.

fsumom

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2010
I've had mine on for a couple of hours at work using wifi with no issues.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I too am having some issues with my new iPad mini. I've never had an issue with any of my apple products before. I am using an older Express router that has been iffy lately and I thought that was the issue. Now I'm worried. In the apple store I had a bit of an issue with my mini downloading songs from iTunes Match too.

Alicia4065

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2005
NJ
No problems with mines I'm tethering off my galaxy tab 7.7 right now but will see how it works when I get home.

thirdeyeopen666

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2007
Make sure the network is secured using WPA or WPA2. Anything newer than 2006 or so seems to have issues with WEP. Also: WEP sucks.

powerbooks

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2009
Two hours since iPad mini joined my Apple Extreme Base Station, it has been disconnected twice (on iOS 6). And oddly enough, one of my mac, the MacBook Air, Which has been the closest to the mini, also experienced wifi issues, twice. It has never happened before. While trying to turn its wifi on and off, I noticed the MBA wifi icon became gray with an exclamation mark, without asking password. I have restarted the MBA and will see if it happens again.

Kind of worrying......

Scuba.Marky

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2012
I have the same problem with my new iPad 2

Hi

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I have the same problem but with an ipad 2. Basically I could go for many hours without losing my wifi connection, but then I can go through a period of a few hours where the connection just keeps going.

It is odd as the iPad appears as though it is connected, but I am unable to connect to the Internet, or any other device on my network. I am even unable to access the admin screen for the router itself.

Usually I find that if I turn off wifi and then turn it back on again I will be fine for a while.

We have 2 laptops, 2 iPhones, plus a couple of other wireless devices that all work fine. My iPad is on the latest iOS (6.0.1) and I have an up to date router (BT Home Hub 3).

Just to emphasise the problem:The iPad thinks it is connected to the wifi, the wifi symbol in top left hand corner shows a full strength signal and according to the settings screen the iPad is connected to the right wifi, and yet any attempt to access either the Internet, other devices within the LAN (home network) such as a NAS drive, or even the admin screen of the router itself just results in a time out.

So does anyone have a solution for this, or will I have to return the iPad and get a Samsung Galaxy instead?

jcborden

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
I have also been suffering this. Upgraded to iOS 6.0.2 and it was much worse, disconnecting far more frequently and draining the battery more rapidly.

As I have an iOS dev account I have access to 6.1 which I installed and it is now back to the same as on 6.01. Seems that it will stay connected for quite a while and then randomly disconnects while asleep (although re-connects again without issue when you switch on).

This should be solved in a future iOS update.

northernangler

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2014
North Queensland
I have the same problem, apparently it is common with the mini and so far apple refuses to recognise the problem.
Only started few days ago and now seems to happen after a few minutes.
Ipad is only about four months old, I bought it for my christmas present, beats socks and ties hands down.

Just updated to latest IOS so I will advise if it fails again.

northernangler

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2014
North Queensland
Still loosing connection

I upgraded to the latest IOS and it still drops out. Wish apple would fix this, most annoying. Iphone works fine as does my macbbok pro.
Just mini has mini connection time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.