Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aslnschld

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2012
I just wanted to thank you all for the tips on how to do this. I got the 16GB black for Verizon at 10:03 in Philly. I would have been clueless and spending an early morning or two in a line if it weren't for your help. Thanks again.

iKrl

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2009
I was able to pick up a full priced at&t iphone today thanks to having checked the in store pick up online yesterday. I guess the need for a contract still isn't applied to AT&T at apple stores

Caligula420

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2012
Hey guys this is my first post on this site.

Long story short.

I originally ordered a iPhone 5 32GB Black & Slate (CDMA) phone from Appple.com on 10/19 which is suppose to deliver between 11/20-11/27.

But I got tired of waiting lol.

Tonight I was able to get a iPhone 5 32GB White & Silver (CDMA) instead for pickup from one of my local Apple Stores.

My main question is. How long before they usually send you a email letting you know it's ok to pickup?

I'm assuming it's pretty much 100% guaranteed I'm gonna get the phone tomorrow correct? The checkout completed etc

Also I haven't canceled my previous order yet. That shouldn't cause any problems when picking up my phone correct?

Thanks any information is appreciated.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Long story short.

I originally ordered a iPhone 5 32GB Black & Slate (CDMA) phone from Appple.com on 10/19 which is suppose to deliver between 11/20-11/27.

Tonight I was able to get a iPhone 5 32GB White & Silver (CDMA) instead for pickup from one of my local Apple Stores.

My main question is. How long before they usually send you a email letting you know it's ok to pickup?

I'm assuming it's pretty much 100% guaranteed I'm gonna get the phone tomorrow correct? The checkout completed etc

Also I haven't canceled my previous order yet. That shouldn't cause any problems when picking up my phone correct?

Yes, you're pretty much getting it.
You will get the email in the morning before the store opens.
You can cancel the previous online order whenever you want.

Caligula420

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2012
Right on. Thanks for the response.

I just checked my CC. And Apple already took the $$$ out.

About how long before the store opens do people usually get the emails?

The only reason I'm asking is because I live in San Fransisco. And I'm gonna have to ride my bicycle over to Berkeley to get the phone. Which will take atleast 1 hour maybe like 2 hours.

I just wanna make sure I'm able to be there right when the store opens etc. Thanks again.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Right on. Thanks for the response.

I just checked my CC. And Apple already took the $$$ out.

About how long before the store opens do people usually get the emails?

The only reason I'm asking is because I live in San Fransisco. And I'm gonna have to ride my bicycle over to Berkeley to get the phone. Which will take atleast 1 hour maybe like 2 hours.

I just wanna make sure I'm able to be there right when the store opens etc. Thanks again.

Not sure, depends on the store.
Keep checking your email.
You dont have to be there first thing when they open. You can pick it up any time, its there with your name and they cant sell it to anyone else.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA

Long story short.

I'm in the same boat as Caligula420 except I just ordered mine this past Monday online. I've been checking the stock online every night and lo and behold every single store near me had it in stock! Anyway, I'm always weary when I make a purchase that I already have one that is pending for. I'm in no rush to get my phone except for the reason that my 4S isn't "mine" anymore. The buyer agreed to let me keep using it until my 5 arrived, but I'd rather let go of it sooner or later in case something happens. Also, is it difficult to get it canceled once it's in the "processing" stage? I hope not, since it won't ship until the end of the month.

I purchased AppleCare+ online and it's been "completed" the other accessories I've ordered have been shipped except the 5. Now, do I need to purchase AppleCare+ again for this (I can determine in-store probably)? Also, I tried doing a cancellation online but I couldn't but I expected as much. Can this order be canceled in store? Or I have to call to Apple CS? And I'm guessing the AC+ in my online order will be returned as well.

Sorry, like I said, I tend to worry with stuff like this. But then again, it's not the end of the world if I end up with 2 phones at a discounted price :)

Last edited:

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
If your using the apple store app, should I put in the credit card information and everything before hand. Does it ask for the credit card information before asking if you want to pick it up in the store? I'm trying get prepared as much as possible

relsah

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2008
white IP5

just scored a white 16GB at around 10:06 PM EST for pickup at the King of Prussia store

can't wait to pick it up tomorrow :)

patooki

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
okkk...I reserved it at 9:00 am

Hey guys... I am from uk so my reservation time is from 9:00am to 7:00pm .I reserced my iphone 5 at 9:03am... so does it mean I would get a reservation email to pick my iphone 5 tomorrow? I reserved for sim-free.

waiting for a reply
thank u

max5peru

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Peru
How do you reserve it SIM FREE? Did you make it in the UK Online Apple Store?

Hey guys... I am from uk so my reservation time is from 9:00am to 7:00pm .I reserced my iphone 5 at 9:03am... so does it mean I would get a reservation email to pick my iphone 5 tomorrow? I reserved for sim-free.

waiting for a reply
thank u

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk

waiting for a reply
thank u

Once you put your reservation request in you will then have to wait to see if you get a return e mail from apple the next day up to 9pm.

In this e mail is a chance to change your collection time. To be honest tho when I collected mine they didn't keep to the time and let me collect early.

----------

How do you reserve it SIM FREE? Did you make it in the UK Online Apple Store?

When you reserve online u are asked to pick a sim free or contract model.

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
Well, I am VERY upset with Discover right now. Ugh. :mad: Just venting here... :rolleyes:

I've been trying for several days now to get a black 64GB Verizon iPhone. For several days, no Apple Stores in the area had them in stock at 10pm. From what I could tell by trying random zip codes, this model seemed to be nonexistent everywhere on the west coast.

I even went so far as to reserve a white 64GB in case I decided to live with that color, but I can't bring myself to do it.

So last night, I checked later than the usual 10:00 - about 12:30 am - expecting nothing again. Surprise - it was in stock at my nearest store. :eek::D In fact, it was in stock everywhere. Wow. Big shipment must have come into the area, finally.

I quickly went to complete the order, which included going to ShopDiscover to get the standard 5% cashback at the online Apple Store. And that's where it all fell apart.

Discover requires that you go through their website to activate ShopDiscover any time you want the cashback for a participating retailer. It's not automatic. And guess what? Their website was down for maintenance. WTF? :mad::mad::mad: Honestly, any website that needs to be down for 9 hours (they listed 1am - 10am EST) periodically for maintenance is very poorly designed. :mad:

I kept checking until 2am PST. No good, no ShopDiscover. Finally went to bed and then got up at 6am - an hour before the stated maintenance would finish. Discover website was back, but of course - ALL Apple Stores sold out. (as an aside, who buys their iPhones between 2am and 6am?? :confused: quite a few people in southern California must have done so)

Ugh. I've been waiting for months to replace my badly broken 3GS (cracked screen; bluetooth, wifi, power button, volume up button, headphone jack not working; otherwise works fine :rolleyes:). I feel like I've been blocked at every turn (long story, won't bore you any more). Got so close last night. And from reading earlier in this thread, it sounds like the stores won't get any new shipments in tonight since it's Sunday. :(

Makes me want to give up entirely and just get a stupid flip phone. :eek: Gotta love first world problems... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.