Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
I always do cases but for some reason I'm thinkin alfresco with this one. Am I nutz?

Last edited:

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I'm going with a case. It's way too thin. If a drop it, it'll probably crack. I like the Smart Cover but I need protection on the back of it as well. I'll order online if I can't find any front and back cases in store.

LouieSamman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I'm going with a case. It's way too thin. If a drop it, it'll probably crack. I like the Smart Cover but I need protection on the back of it as well. I'll order online if I can't find any front and back cases in store.

I thought the thinner and lighter something is the less of an impact to the floor which would mean less damage.

I think soon a lot more people will go caseless once these devices get to a level of thinness and lightness that a fall won't damage the device.

I'll use a smart cover when out of the house, but naked at home! :D

How is a smart cover going to help anyways when risking the outside world with your iPad?

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
TPU case only around the house. Will likely get a cheap case for when I'm out.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
why a case would ruin the weight and thinness, huge features of the mini

smart cover only :cool:

Smithwicks

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2011
Just a Smart Cover for me. Makes no sense to take away from the excellent form factor with some bulky case.

tbk3191

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I use a Smart Cover. I'd really like to have a hard plastic case for the back. Incase makes one for iPad 3, which I have, and I really like it, so I'd like one for my mini too.

pasadena

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
Seattle, WA
Smart cover here. I'll get a sleeve, as thin as I can find, for when I take it out of home. In which case it'll travel in my purse. So I need some kind of protection. But at home, just the cover, and be careful where I put it when I don't use it.

I hate cases.

Last edited:

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I'm naked... Usually dress my iPad & phones to the 9s. I don't feel like spend any more & won't take out of house. I like the naked feel for a change. I did order a cheap-o screen protector though to make cleaning easier.

thedarkhorse

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Canada
I'll be rocking mine without a case for now, I might pick up Smart cover eventually, but I don't really want to bulk this thing up.

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
I have a Bestskinsever full body skin on order, but for now have an Apple Smart Cover on it. Definitely want some protection for the back.

mebehere

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2012
The only reason I have a neoprene zipping sleeve for my 3 is because of my cat. Crazy chick. Never an iPhone case. Or an extra one, anyway. It has a beautiful aluminum/glass case pre-installed. No Apple Care either. Coordination built in and appreciated. Crossing fingers when booze is involved.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Case too heavy

One of the most appealing features of the Mini is the weight. I bought a neoprene cover for the back. It does protect it but I noticed the increase in weight immediately. I'll use it naked and put it in a man purse for traveling. Haven't tried it in my pocket yet but I think it is too big for my pocket.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.