Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tongxinshe

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
How long will it take the first fanboy to come up with some absurd pretend technical reason why Apple can't change the text in an hour? Poor apple, they think they can bend the reality of anyone who has ever published any text on the web, or edited a post. Or used a word processor. This is insane.

You totally missed the point. The two weeks it needed was obviously not for technical reasons, it is for a way to come up a different version, since the court order never said that Apple cannot have any extra sentences along with the required sentence.

tongxinshe

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
That was the whole point of the judgement.
After Apple had already lost the deign case in the UK, they continued to call Samsung a copier.
In the court's eyes, this caused harm to Samsung's reputation.
So in return for Apple's continued slandering of Samsung's name, the court determined that no monetary judgement would undo the harm.
So they came up with this remedy instead.

Personally I don't think it's effective, but Apple should have done it as instructed and moved on.
Adding their own commentary simply pissed off the judge. Not something you want to make a habit of doing.

Why so many people think judges can not be regarded as normal persons!!!!!
In fact, as a person with higher public influences than normal, it makes perfect sense for him to be criticized at a much stricter level.

Last edited:

tongxinshe

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
BS.
When we get an OFAC update from the feds to block card accounts, it takes less than 24 hours to push through a change.
That is a hell of a lot more complicated then adding text to a corporate web site.
If a company has that much "red tape" in its processes that it takes two weeks to change text on a web page, there is a problem with the process.

It's not about making the changes. It's about come up a different version and get the version approved by different departments of the company and the top executives.

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
Why so many people think judges can not be regarded as normal persons!!!!!
In fact, as a person with higher public influences than normal, it makes perfect sense for him to be criticized at a much stricter level.

Criticizing a decision is not the same than disobey a court order

----------

It's not about making the changes. It's about come up a different version and get the version approved by different departments of the company and the top executives.

They don't have to approve nothing, the court has provided the text. Period

iphoneclassic

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
USA
Judge, we have only one employee(Mr.Cook) willing and able to write apology letters. There is quite a bit of backlog because of all recent issues with our products. It will take two weeks.

We are training other employees who agree to learn on how to apologize, but they will be available only in first quarter of next year, as our training schedule is back logged.

Last edited:

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
When you have avatars that stand out and constantly post ridiculous things, people notice.

Facts, quotes and links to rulings are ridiculous ? What do you not like about my Avatar exactly ? And notice what ? You're being vague. Are you trying to insult me without breaking the rules ?

Do you have anything other than ad hominems against me ? Like actual rebutals, fact based preferably, to arguments I've presented here ?

FlatlinerG

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2011
How can they sue the judges?

More of a play on how ridiculous all of this is. If you think about it though, the judges ruling is basically like kindergarten and apple has to sit in the corner so that everyone knows he was bad. Kind of a stupid penalty if you ask me. It solves nothing.

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
More of a play on how ridiculous all of this is. If you think about it though, the judges ruling is basically like kindergarten and apple has to sit in the corner so that everyone knows he was bad. Kind of a stupid penalty if you ask me. It solves nothing.

Do you know why Apple has to put the notice?

msimpson

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
Troll

How long will it take the first fanboy to come up with some absurd pretend technical reason why Apple can't change the text in an hour? Poor apple, they think they can bend the reality of anyone who has ever published any text on the web, or edited a post. Or used a word processor. This is insane.

It took longer for the fanboys to respond than the trolls like you.

----------

Regardless of the article and its contents I am always amazed at the number of Apple haters who come here just to bash Apple and its "fanboys".

Do Apple "fanboys" go to Android sites and bash Android? I don't know, because I never visit those sites.

What is always funny is what a tiny, tiny small subset of smartphone users actually read articles at tech websites and post their nonsense comments. And how narrow-minded and clueless all of them are.

And then millions of customers go buy Apple products and are very happy.

iFajar

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2012
Wow... Very smart of Apple. The ad is made boring and does not clearly say it's an ad from Apple. No obvious connections to Apple is made, it just looks like an ad from a random news agency. Haha!

mac.ross

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2012
Wow... Very smart of Apple. The ad is made boring and does not clearly say it's an ad from Apple. No obvious connections to Apple is made, it just looks like an ad from a random news agency. Haha!

Are you being serious?

In what way, shape or form is this Apple being smart?

They posted what they were ordered, so they did - what did you expect, a big Apple logo taking up an entire page?

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
BS.
When we get an OFAC update from the feds to block card accounts, it takes less than 24 hours to push through a change.
That is a hell of a lot more complicated then adding text to a corporate web site.
If a company has that much "red tape" in its processes that it takes two weeks to change text on a web page, there is a problem with the process.

Not saying its not a problem, but it is a reality. I worked for a large bank, it would take 7 days to change a DNS. I can do that in 2 minutes.

portishead

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
What do you not like about my Avatar exactly ?

Do you have anything other than ad hominems against me ?

I was pointing out that your avatar is easily recognizable. Therefore I happen to recognize posts that you make. When I see your avatar, It's another round of "oh great, there's this guy again..." I'm not attacking you. I happen to disagree with you most of the time is all. You are my poster child for the new members who seem to have come out of left field lately and bash Apple for everything.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I was pointing out that your avatar is easily recognizable. Therefore I happen to recognize posts that you make. When I see your avatar, It's another round of "oh great, there's this guy again..." I'm not attacking you. I happen to disagree with you most of the time is all. You are my poster child for the new members who seem to have come out of left field lately and bash Apple for everything.

New members ? Look at my register date, look at my number of posts...

If you disagree with me, then rebute me, don't insult me. That would be the mature way to hold a conversation.

skunnykart

macrumors regular
May 7, 2010
Are you being serious?

In what way, shape or form is this Apple being smart?

They posted what they were ordered, so they did - what did you expect, a big Apple logo taking up an entire page?

Everything and anything that Apple does is "innovative", "new", "amazing", "just right", "smart".

Re-invent, revolutionary, resolutionary, this changes everything, this changes everything again....and again and again. re-re-reinvented...blah blah.

SlCKB0Y

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2012
Sydney, Australia
It's because Jony Ive is so busy with the reshuffle that he hasn't got the time to design it and personally craft it out of a single block of aluminium. Not sure if he'll go for:

"The Statement You've Been Waiting For"

or

"This Changes Nothing. Again"

At least it'll be non-skeuomorphic though, with no artificial tear-stain effect.

I'm having my morning coffee and it just came out my nose because of you.
:eek:

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Apple is just bringing negative attention to themselves by not just getting it over with and posting a clean version of what they're supposed to do.

Instead they are going to drag this issue out bring more unneeded attention to it.

Just do it and be done with it. No need to drag it on....

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Apple should have been forced to pay for an ad Samsung made, and that the court cleared....

One of the more sensible comments that I've read here, about this case.

Judges are known to sometimes have big egos, and they don't take very well to having their authority undermined, and Judge BIRSS probably didn't appreciate very much the fact that APPLE continued to assert that the GALAXY TABS in question, were copies of the iPad. Also they can pretty well mete out any punishment they deem appropriate, (sometimes ridiculously so - read case law) so they punished APPLE a little extra for their intransigence, and perhaps to set a precedent, or an example to the tech world in general, by humiliating APPLE, to force them to post these ads. It seems that APPLE's legal team, thankfully so, has come to the conclusion that there's not much more to gain by pursuing this any further, and it's not likely imho, that any minds are going to be changed by further litigation in this case.

Life, sometimes doesn't seem fair; it's like that for EVERYONE. The court of public opinion will decide. Let's move on!

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Apple have now posted an apology at the bottom of their home page...

Screen Shot 2012-11-03 at 09.31.59.png

Link to updated statement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.