Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hello...

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
I love it, after reading all the negative thoughts, I could not be happier to sell my iPad 3!

MacLeg

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
Me too!

those stereo speakers are awesome. Come on, iluv, give us those neoprene cases, this thing feels slippery when you hold it.

nickftw8686

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2011
I am also pretty impressed with the speakers. I was watching a movie with the speakers on my chest and could still hear it really well, and the volume was not even turned up all the way. One thing I will say about apple is that I have never had a complaint with the speakers of the devices I get from them.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Same here. I sold my iPad 3 for the mini and I have zero regrets. This size is just perfect for me.

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
Completely happy with mine, it's too good in a way. Everyone in the house wants one now.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I saw one in the store today. Overall great, but coming from Retina the screen is not quite as good.

Its a real dilemma to buy ot wait as I am sure the next mini will have retina.

I just wonder how much heavier Mini2 will be with the better display display and bigger battery.

draughn101

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
I completely agree, this thing is incredible. I have a retina MacBook so the screen was a bit alarming at first but after a few hours of use I don't notice it at all. Not to mention every other great aspect of this device more than makes up for any shortcoming in the display. Well worth my $329.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
I am also pretty impressed with the speakers. I was watching a movie with the speakers on my chest and could still hear it really well, and the volume was not even turned up all the way. One thing I will say about apple is that I have never had a complaint with the speakers of the devices I get from them.

Speakers have always been great but in the early iPhones it was the software to run the speakers that caused the problems.

waltercln

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
You can't tell it's a non retina display after long use with it and at a reasonable distance. Definitely happy and not even close to being a deal breaker.

zx7rgirl

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2009
It's great!

Yes, it's just what I was waiting for, great size. Absolutely perfect for watching videos- really good picture and sound. Zinio looks fab on it, and I'll try out some Netflix later..! Couldn't be more pleased, I wish the whiners would give it a rest- apple is not forcing anyone to buy any of their products, and like others have said, don't get discouraged, go see one for yourself and then decide.

FiremanMike

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
I love it, after reading all the negative thoughts, I could not be happier to sell my iPad 3!

I love mine too! The size and weight is exactly what the iPad should have been all along. It's perfect!

I have an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 4 before that, so I am well exposed to the retina display. I had an iPad 2 before this (now it's my daughters), and the display does not bother me one bit.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Pretty impressed with the size and weight. I'm glad I made this purchase as it is my first ipad to own.

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA
Walked into the Apple Store wanting a white 16 (yeah right on launch day). They only had black 32&64.

Bailed out, and then my wife calls, says meet her at the mall. I tell her I'm already there and was thinking about picking up the iPad Mini. She gets there, plays for 5 minutes, and says buy it. She HATES tech stuff.

We come home and we love it. Couldn't be happier. Probably best iOS device we've ever bought.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.