Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christophermdia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
I just got a wifi mini that I bought for my son for Xmas...of course I had to open it up and get my fingerprints all over it and do the jean pocket fit test....but then I sadly had to wrap it all back up and put it up until that little fat guy comes down the chimney! This thing is impressive, I am walking around with a Nexus 7 until my LTE version gets in....can't wait!

kevroc

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
Yep, I hear you. Can't wait for the LTE. I was going to get the 4G Nexus as well and compare the two. Two more weeks!

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I thought it was just me. I sold my iPad 3 a couple days ago and really miss it while I'm waiting on the iPad Mini LTE. I keep checking my order status hoping for a delivery or ship date at least. Mid November just seems so vague :(

CaCohen0509

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2010
I'm buying a basic 16gb today and then I'm going to return it a couple days before I get my LTE Mini

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
A new iPad for a 3 year old? We gave our 5 year old niece our original iPad after getting the 3 and it didn't last too long.

campingsk8er

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2011
Elizabethtown, PA
Ha, he is 3, he won't notice.

Yeah, seriously. I'm all about giving stuff to little kids to help them learn. But a 350 iDevice? You better be getting the best case money can buy, since you already spent that on him.

I'm a 19 year old in college, and I can't remember the last time my spent that much money on an iDevice for christmas, or for anything.

I'm not saying its bad, I just wish my parents had money like you.

PhoenixMac

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2010
A new iPad for a 3 year old? We gave our 5 year old niece our original iPad after getting the 3 and it didn't last too long.

The OtterBox defender for iPad is toddler proof. My iPad 3 have lived through the abuse of a 2 and 3 year old for 6 months and was recently sold as Mint locally through Craigslist.

GBR

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2012
Fwiw when I was in line to get my wife's iPad mini I asked the Apple Store employee when the LTE minis would ship, he said the 16th. I hope he's right!

mikeoui

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2011
Québec City, QC, Canada
Delivery date?

Either the site or the app (I forget which) used to say my LTE would be delivered 11/23, but now they both just say "Ships: Mid November." I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing... I hope I'll get it before 11/23.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Either the site or the app (I forget which) used to say my LTE would be delivered 11/23, but now they both just say "Ships: Mid November." I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing... I hope I'll get it before 11/23.

I called Apple. Unfortunately the nice fellow helping me did not have any idea if it was a good or bad thing. I have an iPad4 LTE on order and it went from 11/26 delivery date to the Mid-November.

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
I'm buying a basic 16gb today and then I'm going to return it a couple days before I get my LTE Mini

I totally just did that. I was at our walmart here and they had the black 16gb in stock. I ordered a white LTE, so it will be nice to play with both. Walmart says I have 15 days to return it. I may just hold onto it and give it to one of my parents for Xmas.

sealos

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008
I knew I was going to hating hearing about everyone with their new Minis, so I pre-ordered a wifi to play with while I wait for the LTEs to be delivered in a couple of weeks.

I'm quickly falling in love with the form factor.

CaCohen0509

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2010
I totally just did that. I was at our walmart here and they had the black 16gb in stock. I ordered a white LTE, so it will be nice to play with both. Walmart says I have 15 days to return it. I may just hold onto it and give it to one of my parents for Xmas.
I waited all day at best buy. They said "yea, were getting a shipment today. " took my name and number down and even gave me a ticket. Never got it. Tried a Walmart and another best buy. They had nothing. With all hope lost I tried a target. They were stocked with 16gb in black. I couldn't even, I was so happy. Today wasn't totally wasted

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
I waited all day at best buy. They said "yea, were getting a shipment today. " took my name and number down and even gave me a ticket. Never got it. Tried a Walmart and another best buy. They had nothing. With all hope lost I tried a target. They were stocked with 16gb in black. I couldn't even, I was so happy. Today wasn't totally wasted

I went to target first as there is one walking distance. Noting. Like 3 iPad 3s.

Went to Walmart and they were stoked with tons of full size. Then I noticed they had a row of 5 minis. No price, no listing what size. So,done was there before me looking, then finally asked an employee how much the iPad mini cost. The employee asked if it was even out yet. The customer said it was on the shelf right "here" (pointing). Then the employee and a fellow employee argued about how it wasn't out and that since there was no sticker it either wasn't a mini or it wasn't on sale yet...

So they proceeded to grab one, reign it up, 16gb mini black, only for the customer that asked about the price initially to say "never mind".

I jumped in, asked what the return policy was, just to make sure (15 days, even opened) and then I said I would take it.

Then the employee couldn't stop going on about how this size iPad made sense and the full size never did. Blah blah blah.

I plan on returning in 14 days hoping to get my LTE soon. Cannot wait. The mini is awesome. Screen isn't "amazing", but is nt bad at all.

(Typed this on the mini)

cang87

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
I thought it was just me. I sold my iPad 3 a couple days ago and really miss it while I'm waiting on the iPad Mini LTE. I keep checking my order status hoping for a delivery or ship date at least. Mid November just seems so vague :(

I'm in the same situation with you in every single step !!! :)

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
I couldn't wait and picked up the Black 32GB tonight.

I wanted the LTE but TBH there's too many TOYS coming out.

Samsung Galaxy Note II. It's been delayed up here, which the other reason I went out bought the mini.

27" new iMac.

Not to mention, Holiday shopping. :( Who's know I might keep this, let's see how everything goes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.