Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
One of the determining factors for me deciding to get An iPad Mini, is whether or not it will fit in my pocket. Having an iPad I can bring everywhere by just sliding it into my front pocket, is something I never thought was possible.

I am glad to see, after visiting Apple Store and testing with their demo unit, that not only does it fit in my pocket, but it does so comfortably!

I'm referring to the front pants pocket of a normal suit. It definitely wouldn't fit in my jeans pocket :) This was the big question I've been wondering since the iPad mini was announced, so I wanted to share my experience for others.

What about you, does the iPad mini fit in your everyday pants pocket?

Edit: It fits, and is comfortable to walk around in, even with the iPhone in the same pocket!

WeGeXl.png

Last edited:

apierrec

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2012
It will fit in just one of my classy Armani semi-cargo pants pockets. :D Not in my skinny and slim fit jeans. Pseudo models can't be choosers. :p

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
Not on my Jeans but when I work out. I wish it was 7" like the BlackBerry PlayBook which was perfect, this is pushing it's limits but at least I can take it out with me unlike my iPad 3.

apierrec

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2012
Since the 50s or so in Europe! Perfect there. I love Europeans!

But in the states, I hate carrying bags for my iGadgets now. That is why I do not carry my laptops anywhere now. Am tired walking around with a backpack or any bag because of my iPad 3 too. This is why iPad Mini will change my life again.

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
You're either fat of your pants are big.

Not fat, actually extremely skinny lol. My pants are normal suit pants, size 33 or so (US). I'll post some pics in a few weeks when I get the LTE version, but I'm sure I'm not the only one here who owns a suit :p

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
It fits, and is comfortable to walk around in, even with the iPhone in the same pocket!

WeGeXl.png

Last edited:

woodynorman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
I'm not fat by any standards, but I'm just a big guy at 6'3" 230 pds. I wear size 36 Wrangler relaxed fit jeans from walmart every day.

My iPad mini fits nicely in my back pocket.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Won't fit in my skinny jeans. Lol. But neither does the N7.

Never seen anyone with a tablet in their pockets though.

marcperrot

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2012
Canada
I'd never put a tablet in my pocket, but then again I could never fit one because I wear skinny jeans. If I'm taking my tablet with me, I put it in a bag or hold it in my hand.

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
This thread is a joke, right? The whole iPhone forum complains about how anything larger than 4 inches can't be pocketed or held.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.