Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ianrip

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Since I’m new to MAC, what do I need for the 1st boot up, I have already ordered Mac Mini 2012 Fusion drive and it should arrive some time this month, the Apple B/T wireless Keyboard and track pad have already arrived.

when I start up the mini for the 1st time, can I use keyboard/trackpad straight away?, or do I need a cable keyboard and mouse for the 1st boot set up etc.

glitch44

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2006
Since I’m new to MAC, what do I need for the 1st boot up, I have already ordered Mac Mini 2012 Fusion drive and it should arrive some time this month, the Apple B/T wireless Keyboard and track pad have already arrived.

when I start up the mini for the 1st time, can I use keyboard/trackpad straight away?, or do I need a cable keyboard and mouse for the 1st boot set up etc.

Yup, you can use them. It will walk through pairing the wireless keyboard & trackpad with your mini. The Apple out-of-the-box experience is the best there is.

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
Mine came today and I hooked it up to my flat screen via HDMI and finished setup in about 4-5 minutes.

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
does that mean the default Bluetooth settings for the mini are set to on?

I dont have a cable type keyboard at home

Yes bluetooth is on by default.

I've just setup a 2012 mini and didn't need any USB keyboard or mouse, the Mac detects them without issue and pairs them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.