Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
I sent an important iMessage and it didn't say delivered for awhile.

Finally it sent as a text

But now I'm worried it never went through because of the hassle and I'm not sending it again.

What to do?

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada

But now I'm worried it never went through because of the hassle and I'm not sending it again.

What to do?

This happens to me once in a blue moon. If imessage is not available it will go through as a regular text (if thats what you've enabled your phone to do).

There's not much you can do if you do not send the message a 2nd time.

Hope for the best?

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
This happens to me once in a blue moon. If imessage is not available it will go through as a regular text (if thats what you've enabled your phone to do).

There's not much you can do if you do not send the message a 2nd time.

Hope for the best?

But is it likely that it went through? I don't want to send again.

AGaleski

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
I'm sorry, but why wouldn't you want to send again? Just copy/paste if its too much to type out.
Maybe Siri will resend if you ask ;)

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas

What to do?

If the message was critically important, I would have sent it a second time. If you were/are actually worried about the message not being sent, I would have called the recipient to confirm or communicated the important matter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.