Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SimonTheSoundMa

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2006
Birmingham, UK
I think there is a problem with the MAS altogether. Trying to download a number of apps. One was fine, one app from the logs fails checksum every time, others download about 20MB and start over again.

uk1simon

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2011
UK
I have spoken to Apple support, there is a problem with the particular server dealing with the Safari update, should be fixed with 24 hours. Try again tomorrow.

ersatzplanet

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2008
Downloaded from the App Store first time no problem. I hope that this new version doesn't crash as many times as the last one did - which was VERY often. I was getting really snarky in the comment field of the error report that it generated. If this doersn't fix things I will get WAY more snarkier...

roosta

macrumors regular
May 1, 2005
las vegas
download went ok, but i'd like to reinstall 6.0.1

tried to order from dominos with the new version last night and safari would not remember anything i had input, including passwords and address.
same thing earlier today with jib jab.

used firefox to order last night and it worked, so it wasn't a dominos problem.

and still no activity in the develop menu. big fail for me.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
STILL giving the same error over here! What the **** is wrong with Apple these days? I haven't seen this kind of lax behavior by the company since at least the late 90s.

Memo to Apple: Take a tiny part of your BILLIONS and REFOCUS resources on OS X - after all, iOS wouldn't have existed without it.

munkery

macrumors 68020
Dec 18, 2006
Can you post the download link for us, please? Just click the "Reply" button under this post and type in the download link because I cannot find it mate.

swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/53/02/041-8081/2jwp4wjrwygtm4lc608qy4h0n4a9yyq37g/Safari6.0.2Mountain.pkg

This one worked for me.

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
NY
Downloaded fine from the app store last night. Fixed my issue loading .gifs on my rMBP, which was really annoying.

Mine updated fine, and at this time seems to have fixed some issues with Retina displays flickering (gifs, new pages not loading correctly). I'll update if I'm wrong later, haven't had much time to use it and see.

But it does seems that safari is using less resources and is a but snappier.
So far I'm seeing the same results, which is a relief.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
Still the same error message after all this time, whatever happened to Apple?
Their hardware is expensive, and I expect the software to work. At the moment it all goes wrong and now even their own App store fails to update their software.I am really disappointed, a very poor performance from Apple.
Being an Apple Fan has become a difficult task at times, they are far too slow at reacting to criticism and problems.
This is not a major issue, but it shows off their current poor performance even more.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
Maybe it's not apples fault. Update worked on my MacBook but not on my imac. I get the error everybody else has.

Not many pages of complaints vs those who got it working across the world

shurcooL

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Tried the update just now again, and it worked on both Macs at my home. I haven't changed anything, so it seems Apple has done something on their side to make it work.

Tucom

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2006
Is this for Mountain Lion users only? Are 10.7 Lion users now done for ever as far as updates and support goes?

Tucom

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2006
IS this Safari update for Mountain Lion users only, or does it include 10.7 Lion users too?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.