Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

would you want an iPad pro 12" with these specs?

• Yessssssssssssss!!!!!!!

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • noooooooooooooo

Votes: 27 81.8%

• Total voters

lowlypeace

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
ipad pro : aluminium bezel 12", running customised osx mountain lion, with iOS switch option - enabled by large thin battery across back of 12" display

now that would be the perfect computing device - optional apple stylus, pressure sensitive stylus for photoshop editing and web design and art work

12 megapixel camera with larger aperture to capture very printable photos

!!!!!!

wow I would probably sell my MacBooks for this - maybe in a few years eh?

seeing the future::::::::::::::eek:

reputationZed

macrumors 65816
Customized version of OSX sounds like a major fail, forking your OS between devises is not a good idea. Win 8 may prove me wrong, but until that time it just doesn't seem like a good idea. Market for a large pro tablet is probably limited to pretty much the same crowd that loved the 17" MPB. Perfect system for a few, irrelevant for most of us.

lowlypeace

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
customisation wouldn't require much, if you test your mac with your finger - maybe a bit more spacing between icons and words in apps, but not actually that much tweaking

it would be amazing to have a full tablet computer you could take and put on your lap, open up photoshop, website design, do some real productivity

this would move the iPad from a toy into a computer

KenAFSPC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
customisation wouldn't require much, if you test your mac with your finger - maybe a bit more spacing between icons and words in apps, but not actually that much tweaking

it would be amazing to have a full tablet computer you could take and put on your lap, open up photoshop, website design, do some real productivity

this would move the iPad from a toy into a computer
I would like Apple to follow Microsoft's lead (sort of) with the Surface. Give us a thin, light 12.1" iPad with the option for a Surface-like detachable keyboard. When no keyboard is attached, have the device function just like the iPad 4. When the keyboard is attached, have the device switch seamlessly and instantly to OSX desktop mode.

Bottom line, don't compromise the iPad experience (no keyboard attached) and don't compromise the OSX desktop experience (keyboard attached).

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I would like Apple to follow Microsoft's lead (sort of) with the Surface. Give us a thin, light 12.1" iPad with the option for a Surface-like detachable keyboard. When no keyboard is attached, have the device function just like the iPad 4. When the keyboard is attached, have the device switch seamlessly and instantly to OSX desktop mode.

Bottom line, don't compromise the iPad experience (no keyboard attached) and don't compromise the OSX desktop experience (keyboard attached).

Yeah but a 12" is a big item to carry around for casual use. Sure it may be light but the footprint is still there.

They already make something similar. It's called the 11" Air. But no touch screen :)

lowlypeace

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Sounds like Tim Cook's 'toaster refrigerator': http://abcnews.go.com/technology/t/blogEntry?id=16205842

interesting, but then again jobs said anything smaller than a 10 inch iPad was DOA

I think apple may be dismissing the synthesis of tablet and pc to play down surface, and due to the current lack of ability at a decent price

but eventually this is where they will go I think

I mean - eventually if they can produce an iPad that is as light as the mini, but 11 or 12 inches, which can run OSX - and it was slightly more expensive than the standard iPad, I think it would sell amazingly, regardless of buyer wariness initially

token787

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2012
Who know's it could become possible. They said it would never be Ipad 7" and now here we are with the 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.