Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
01 Audi A6 2.7T (twin turbo) Quattro AWD good for 250hp stock and I have it chipped with a turbo back exhaust now has around 330hp at the crank. Next mods are coilovers and turbo upgrade.

Edit: BTW those vertical lines are not scratches they are rain drops, I took this pic in the rain with my lifeproofed 4S. Just after spending 3hours washing and waxing it. :/

I like the all-black appearance; makes the chrome stand out.

Doc750

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2010
95% of the parts in my I30 come from a Nissan Maxima. It is also cheaper to get parts at the Nissan dealership than the Infiniti dealership even though they have the same exact part numbers and Nissan stampings.

This car ceased production over a decade ago. While some part interchangeability still exists today. I stand by my original statement.

jeremiah239

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2007
239 Area, FL
I like the all-black appearance; makes the chrome stand out.

Thanks, the car is actually dark blue, and I am blacking out the chrome around the windows this weekend lol.

I already did the chrome on the grill and under the headlights as you can see in the pic.

EDIT: Here is a pic from before I blacked the grill out, it gives you a better idea of the color.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 189
Last edited:

jeremiah239

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2007
239 Area, FL

No, but it has the 2.7T engine that the S-Line came with. I just don't get the cool S-Line trim :(

It's an 01 preface lift and they didn't have an S-Line that year, so the trim model I have is basically the S-Line. It has the lower suspension and oversized brakes factory compared to the non 2.7T models.

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
And a back shot :)

No, but it has the 2.7T engine that the S-Line came with. I just don't get the cool S-Line trim :(

It's an 01 preface lift and they didn't have an S-Line that year, so the trim model I have is basically the S-Line. It has the lower suspension and oversized brakes factory compared to the non 2.7T models.

I still like this darkened "theme" on the car.:)

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
Thanks, the car is actually dark blue, and I am blacking out the chrome around the windows this weekend lol.

I already did the chrome on the grill and under the headlights as you can see in the pic.

EDIT: Here is a pic from before I blacked the grill out, it gives you a better idea of the color.

Just saw the pic, that's a pretty noticeable difference.

Nuttydev

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
Bristol, England.
Renault Clio 1.2, had it a year as of next week. It's completely covered in mud right now and there's no point cleaning it so some old pictures will have to do :)

Attachments

• clio2.JPG
    clio2.JPG
    328.4 KB · Views: 153
  • clio1.JPG
    clio1.JPG
    259.4 KB · Views: 114
  • clio.jpg
    clio.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 129

SK360

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
Beaver, PA
All 3 of our vehicles were together in the cul-de-sac, figured a family picture was in order.

55E5B63E-D097-4BF4-9DD0-B95F043A749C-13837-000005D98A819D79.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
My daily car - 2010 Alfa Romeo MiTo:

How is the build quality of your Alfa? We had Alfa Romeos in the the US until sometime in the 1980's. It was mainly Spyders, if I remember correctly. I do remember that their overall quality was a bit on the sketchy side and I was wondering if it had improved. Recently, Fiat has made a return to the US after a long absence. So far, the Fiat owners seem quite happy with their cars.

I have always been a fan of European automobile styling and would love to see more riding around here in the US.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
How is the build quality of your Alfa? We had Alfa Romeos in the the US until sometime in the 1980's. It was mainly Spyders, if I remember correctly. I do remember that their overall quality was a bit on the sketchy side and I was wondering if it had improved. Recently, Fiat has made a return to the US after a long absence. So far, the Fiat owners seem quite happy with their cars.

I have always been a fan of European automobile styling and would love to see more riding around here in the US.

Haha, it's a bit of an ongoing joke about Alfa's reliability - and no - nothing's changed!

I'm currently arguing with Alfa at the moment trying to get some warranty work covered - All Alfa red MiTos chip around the rear arches due to thin paint :(.

But, even with the multiple issues I've had - I wouldn't trade it for anything! A small hatchback with 175ish BHP (after a remap) soon makes you forget its Italian quirks :p

Dyce

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
Those are two beautiful cars! Is that a single or twin turbo supra? And that looks like a grand sport vette? And what kinda bolt ons and mods do you have?

Yeah, it's twin turbo and vette is a grand sport.

Mods I can think of on top of my head on the supra:
BPU +
HKS Carbon Ti exhaust
GReddy 3 row FMIC
HKS SSQV BOV
K&N Intake
GReddy EBC

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX

Alfa is owned by Fiat, however so is Chrysler. I feel as though the Fiat brand was brought over because of the relative lack of entry in the stylish accessory car market. However it appears that Chrysler will be phasing out some Dodge cars in favor of Alfa in the near future (Jesus, please take the Avenger).

----------

An Infiniti is just a Nissan with makeup ;-)

Much needed makeup. Particularly on the interior. Nissan interior is underwhelming.

----------

And so is a Lexus to a Toyota

100% true

an Acura to a Honda,

Indeed, but really a face-lifted Honda.

an Audi to a Volkswagen

Prior to 2009 you're 100% right. Now they only have some of the same parts, but the designs are completely different.

a Lincoln to a Ford,

Probably true but a major insult to Ford.

and a Cadillac to a Chevrolet.

Depends on the model. The designs are usually a lot different, but they are based on a collection of platforms. The Cadillac ATS, Buick Verano, and Chevrolet Cruze are based on the same platform, but the Cadillac and Buick are 100 times better than the Cruze.

Lexus and Acura are blatant uses of badge engineering, but Audi and Cadillac are not at all (especially since GM was under so much fire over the last 20 years over badge engineering).

mantic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2007
AL
Had a growing need for a truck, so I sold my BMW m3 and got a one. It def. makes my outdoors lifestyle much easier.

DSC_0696_zps7ef83828.jpg

Markita-218_zps7c0e250e.jpeg

offroad2_zps250ad246.jpg

fc3d3ee8c640e5e9512ebc664eb1d9f9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.